Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So here is our issue, and we're pretty concerned about it.

For some reason, our oldest.. whenever she sees a new dog, or at least about 50/50 percent of the time, she tries to bite at their face or ears. And only when they first meed, after that .. she seems to be cool

It's not really a viscious bite, it's just kind of a nip, but of course the other dogs don't see it that way, and ritefully so.... it's totally unacceptable.

We are very concerned about this because we are getting ready to open our store, and we want our girls to be in our shop, but we won't be able to let her with these social skills???

Help?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I actually have the same problem with Tiki. He is quite friendly if he knows the dog or has been introduced. He won't nip/bark at all dogs, just some. I have seen improvement when I pick him up and hold him when I do the introductions and if he starts to get aggressive I gently scold him and tell him to be nice. Most often he will be calm down after a minute, but I have had a few instances when it doesn't work so I have to hold Tiki the whole time.

I would love to hear other ideas on this problem.

Judi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts