Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has Noriko(my girl's) twin brother. He's been having runny No. 2's. And she sees blood too. What is wrong? Should they go to the vet, or let it run it's course?

·
Registered
145 Posts
GO TO THE VET!!! :eek:
I don't know what these symptoms could be implying but I do know that these signs are not something to dismiss without a little professional advice.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek:
Oh me...I would be FREAKING out! I would def. go to the vet! If it was me, I would have called my vet at home, no matter what time. Especially if it was more than once this happened. I hope it is maybe just something that he ate...?!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Brinkley sends kisses.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's one of the symptoms of Parvovirus which my puppy died from because the vet did not diagnose her right away. Take him immediately to the vet and have them do a Parvo test. If it's positive you must leave him hospitalized with IV so he does not dehydrate.

I hope it's not Parvo but if it is, it does not mean that is deadly if it's treated immediately.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I talked to my sister's bf this morning. He told me that he called the vet and they said if he still has bad No. 2 then take him in tomorrow(thurs). There's a whole lot of reasons why dogs could be bleeding. From eating something sharp to having worms to having Parvo. Thanks Tikismom for the site. That's where I learned that from! Anyway, I have faith in him doing the right thing partly because he's a pharmacist. He's not working today or tomorrow so he gets to spend all his time w/the baby. So far so good. Thank you all for your concern.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Sep 8 2004, 09:47 AM
That's one of the symptoms of Parvovirus which my puppy died from because the vet did not diagnose her right away.  Take him immediately to the vet and have them do a Parvo test.  If it's positive you must leave him hospitalized with IV so he does not dehydrate.

I hope it's not Parvo but if it is, it does not mean that is deadly if it's treated immediately.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8609
[/QUOTE]

Aw, so sorry to hear about little Picco...but Bella is so cute and she even looks onery. :lol:
Pam/Sassi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by TikisMom@Sep 15 2004, 10:18 AM
ButterCloudandNoriko

Any news on Noriko?

Judi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9250
[/QUOTE]

Hey! My sister ended up not taking Phoenix, that's his name, to the vet, but dont freight. That's a good thing. I said earlier that they did call a Vet and he said no need to take him in unless the problem continues on the next day. Phoenix is all healthy and happy again! His bodily functions are normal. THANKS FOR ASKING! I appreciate that! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts