Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me. My daughter, who will be 19 this Sunday wants a birthday present. She is away at college so this will be the first birthday away from home. My husband and I were going to send her flowers and put some money in her checking account. Last night she told us she she wanted a birthday present to unwrap. Her birthday is this Sunday so I have to find her something real fast, wrap it and UPS it to her. She works in a clothing store so she doesn't need any clothes. Need something fast.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You can wrap up money.

Purses? HEHE, I was searching for purses on the coach site that's why it's the first thing I said.

Can you tell us more about her? interest? girly? tomboy? Wears jewelry? Hats? Shoe freak?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Since she is of college age, how about a beautifully bound journal to write about her new life on campus! You could always put a check in there. A new pen/pencil set, new backpack.......???

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. She already has several Coach purses and others. She has a laptop that she uses for everything...journal, email. She has an Ipod and she downloads music. This is a very difficult birthday for her being away from us. We always make birthdays special so she is feeling very lonely. Her mother lives nearby but she doesn't go all out like we do. Several times in the past she doesn't even have a birthday cake for her...birthdays just aren't that big a deal for her. I was thinking of jewerly but it is cutting it so close. I have gotten her some jewerly from Tiffany's in the past but I just don't have time to go to Columbus and look at the store. Don't want to spend anymore than $200.00.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 29 2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the replies.  She already has several Coach purses and others.  She has a laptop that she uses for everything...journal, email.  She has an Ipod and she downloads music.  This is a very difficult birthday for her being away from us.  We always make birthdays special so she is feeling very lonely.  Her mother lives nearby but she doesn't go all out like we do.  Several times in the past she doesn't even have a birthday cake for her...birthdays just aren't that big a deal for her.  I was thinking of jewerly but it is cutting it so close.  I have gotten her some jewerly from Tiffany's in the past but I just don't have time to go to Columbus and look at the store.  Don't want to spend anymore than $200.00.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47145
[/QUOTE]
Juicy Couture makes an iPod case that is adorable. Here is the link to Neiman's:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/...index=41&cmCat=

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I have a couple of ideas but they may cost more than $200. My daughters are 20 (in a few weeks) and 22. They love David Yurman. Here is a bangle that costs $200. Most of the other jewelry is in the $300 and up range. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/...index=42&cmCat=

I would have suggested the IPOD or the Tiffany's jewelry but she's already got the IPOD and Tiffany's would probably take too long to send something.

I've had pretty good luck with getting my daughters a spa gift certificate for massage, pedicure, facial, etc. at a local spa. They schedule the appt around their class time, but really enjoy the pampering.

Does she have a digital camera? My girls have the Pentax Optio S which fits in an Altoids box. It is small enough to fit into a purse and they quit using disposable cameras and carry that around all the time. Maybe a really small digicam?

A Burberry Umbrella is $100 and my oldest LOVES hers.

Let us know what you come up with. Its so HARD to buy for them now! I usually take them shopping and let them pick.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Maybe get her a scrapbook set? A laptop case/backpack? Does she like the show friends? Maybe get her some DVD sets or something or maybe of another show? A mouse she can plug into her laptop(I hate the touchpad)? A digital camera? Cellphone and/or accesories??

Pjs or stuff from Victoria Secrets?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
LOL Lexi's Mom. I hear you and I wouldn't carry one either, but remember that college girls are very into labels. One of my daughters (the one with the umbrella) is very meticulous and she never loses stuff. My other daughter is WAY too careless for an expensive umbrella.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
College girls aren't the only ones into labels...my 11 year old keeps asking for Prada. What is this world coming to?

Another suggestion, how about a very nice pair of sunglasses? Neimans and Nordies both have great selections on-line. I just got a free shipping coupon from Neimans..."OOPS" without the quotes.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
what is your daughter in to? what does she want to be?

i want to be a vet....so i keep getting vet related stuff.
or anything dog.

and i love hello kitty...so i got a lot of hello kitty stuff.

get her gift certificates to napster...if anything. or gift certificates to blockbuster, bestbuy, apple(download music).

good luck on finding a present.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 29 2005, 10:45 AM
This is a very difficult birthday for her being away from us.  We always make birthdays special so she is feeling very lonely.  Her mother lives nearby but she doesn't go all out like we do.  Several times in the past she doesn't even have a birthday cake for her...birthdays just aren't that big a deal for her.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47145
[/QUOTE]

Well, I can tell you that I send a Birthday cake to a co-worker who lives in Vermont. I call the local bakery which has a great reputation and they actually deliver the thing directly to him. This would allow you to send flowers, a cake and send a little money in a card....she will be getting three different deliveries in one day so she will feel so special.

S

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I wish I had a Mommy to send me birthday presents! Let us know what you finally decided on. I'm dying to know. It's such a strain trying to buy something under time pressure like that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Mar 29 2005, 09:23 AM
College girls aren't the only ones into labels...my 11 year old keeps asking for Prada.  What is this world coming to? 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47184
[/QUOTE]
LOL, never heard of that before. I mean, I'm not into that stuff.

You can get her more furni for her room. Unless she already has enough stuff.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies. She is so hard to shop for. She has everything and more. She has had a cellphone since she was 14 and we pay for it. Clothes - she has tons of. She is a very spoiled girl...daddy buys her everything. My husband is divorced from her mom so he has felt guilty for years, so anything she wants he mostly buys. Most girls would be happy with flowers, balloons and cash but not this one, she has to have a gift to unwrap too. I'm not complaining because my husband is very generous with me, but trying to come up with something on short notice is getting frustrating. I work during the day and have classes tonight, Wednesday and Thursday night after work so trying to get to a store is going to be difficult and I have a test tonight and Thursday night so at lunch I will be studying. I don't know much about the area that she lives in...we have been banned from visiting from the exwife so to try and find a bakery and such is going to take some time. Oh well, thank you all for replying...I knew I could count on you guys.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 29 2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the replies.  She is so hard to shop for.  She has everything and more.  She has had a cellphone since she was 14 and we pay for it.  Clothes - she has tons of.  She is a very spoiled girl...daddy buys her everything.  My husband is divorced from her mom so he has felt guilty for years, so anything she wants he mostly buys.  Most girls would be happy with flowers, balloons and cash but not this one, she has to have a gift to unwrap too.  I'm not complaining because my husband is very generous with me, but trying to come up with something on short notice is getting frustrating.  I work during the day and have classes tonight, Wednesday and Thursday night after work so trying to get to a store is going to be difficult and I have a test tonight and Thursday night so at lunch I will be studying.  I don't know much about the area that she lives in...we have been banned from visiting from the exwife so to try and find a bakery and such is going to take some time.  Oh well, thank you all for replying...I knew I could count on you guys.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47217
[/QUOTE]
That's too bad about the ex-wife.

I have to ask, who is that adorable baby in your avatar?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Mar 29 2005, 11:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Laceys mom
@Mar 29 2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the replies.  She already has several Coach purses and others.  She has a laptop that she uses for everything...journal, email.  She has an Ipod and she downloads music.  This is a very difficult birthday for her being away from us.  We always make birthdays special so she is feeling very lonely.  Her mother lives nearby but she doesn't go all out like we do.  Several times in the past she doesn't even have a birthday cake for her...birthdays just aren't that big a deal for her.  I was thinking of jewerly but it is cutting it so close.  I have gotten her some jewerly from Tiffany's in the past but I just don't have time to go to Columbus and look at the store.  Don't want to spend anymore than $200.00.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47145
Juicy Couture makes an iPod case that is adorable. Here is the link to Neiman's:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/...index=41&cmCat=
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47156
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey this is scary.... as I was reading the posts I was thinking I'd suggest an iPod case!! Was thinking Juicy or Kate Spade....

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I know my friends that are still in college want those wristlets from coach or Dooney and Bourke. They can take them out when they hang out at night instead of bringing a BIG bag.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts