Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving tomorrow to New York and I was staying with my cousin that has a Golden Retreiver. My parent's were going to babysit Bella but now since we don't know about Wilma, and they keep saying it's going between central and South Florida, I don't want to leave her with my parents just in case they have to leave to a shelter or something.

I will probably take her with me but I can't stay with my cousin because Bella doesn't do very good with strange dogs especially a huge Golder Retreiver.

Please help me find a reasonable pet friendly hotel in Manhattan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
I have stayed at the Waldorf, Plaza and Pierre....all of which are very pet friendly. NYC is doggie heaven. You'll see tons of dogs in restaurants, in stores and walking. You won't see them in theaters though, so if B'way is on you agenda you'd better leave your pup behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been searching and everything is either booked or super expensive. My parents are telling me not to take her that they will stay with her because it Wilma comes, she will enter through the west coast of FL and by the time it reaches the east (where we are at) it should not be that bad.

Now I don't know if I want to go on vacation with the worry of the hurricane.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I would take her. After Katrina, I'm pretty paranoid about evacs, and this big girl, Wilma is huge. It can cover the entire east and west coast. It has been a horrible season for weather-who knows what could happen? Definately go on your vacation, but I would take your baby with you.

You can find a less expensive hotel or motel in either one of the other boroughs or in Nassau county (all of which are in close proximity to Manhattan)

Yes-I'm lucky to live here in the NY area-my dogs (even my Dobe) are welcome in most places.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Oct 19 2005, 09:35 AM
I would take her. After Katrina, I'm pretty paranoid about evacs, and this big girl, Wilma is huge. It can cover the entire east and west coast. It has been a horrible season for weather-who knows what could happen? Definately go on your vacation, but I would take your baby with you.

You can find a less expensive hotel or motel in either one of the other boroughs or in Nassau county (all of which are in close proximity to Manhattan)

Yes-I'm lucky to live here in the NY area-my dogs (even my Dobe) are welcome in most places. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111270
[/QUOTE]


Oh dear, yes I think most hotels in NYC will be very pricey....I'll try and think of some that accept dogs that are more affordable. I would definitely try to take Bella with you though!!! She's more than welcome to stay with us!! (except if she doesn't do well with strange dogs i'm not sure if she would adjust to Lilo and stitch).
I know this isn't an optimal solution, but what about putting her at a doggy spa/retreat/boarding place here in the city? And then you could still stay with yoru cousin? that would be a lot more affordable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm going to cancel all together this is what our news are saying

"Wilma still was hundreds of miles away and much could change, but long-range forecasts consistently suggested landfall Saturday night on Florida's lower Gulf Coast -- as a potentially catastrophic Category 4 storm -- with the hurricane slicing diagonally through South Florida en route to the Atlantic."

We might have to start driving north with our boat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Airmid@Oct 19 2005, 01:12 PM
Here is a Red Roof Inn in Westbury-no additional for Bella.

RRI's are usually fairly reasonable too.

Red Roof Inn-Westbury

They have proximities to city landmarks as a gauge!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111319
[/QUOTE]


no availability...I'm telling you, any reasonable hotel is booked. Thanks for your help but I cancelled my trip. Delta is not charging any penalty fees due to the hurricane threat so I just cancelled and will wait a couple of more weeks to go. I would be so worried about my family that it's just better to stay here with them and with Bella...she will probably be feaking out and it's better if she has her mommy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,856 Posts
Hope you and your family stay safe.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top