Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I am having a tough time picking a new carrier. I need something that is going to be lightweight that I can sling across my body or on my back but will not cripple me. This would be for when I have to walk a couple miles to get somewhere and Tavish is tired (he sometimes poops out near the end of a long wak). I want to be able to just throw him in and carry him on me. I love our other bags, particularly our Celltei bag, but it is a tote and carrying him on one shoulder for a long period of time is painful. I found a few bags that I'll post on here, and if anyone has any ideas or opinions or experience with these bags, I would love to hear from you!
Thanks again!

messenger carrier

puchi backpack

custom celltei I was thinking of having this custom bag made in a different material.

celltei's backpak-o-pet This is their active style that I could have made in a different material as well.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I really like Celltei bags. Out of all the carriers I have for Peanut I use the Celltei the most. I just like all the features of it, and Peanut has learned how to use his nose to push zippers open and the Celltei has a special zipper which they say dogs can't open from the inside. I got the pak-o-pet last year and I love it. I never used the backpack though. The pak-o-pet I have can be a handbag, comes with a shoulder strap and comes with the backpack straps. Also the Celltei has more pockets than other carriers that I have so that I can just shove my keys and wallet in there and not have to worry about carrying a purse too. Celltei also has some messenger style bags so that you could wear it across your body. Check out the 'specials' page on the site, they have some carriers that are on sale.
I just really like the overall quality of the Celltei's.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 18 2005, 01:30 PM
I really like Celltei bags.  Out of all the carriers I have for Peanut I use the Celltei the most.  I just like all the features of it, and Peanut has learned how to use his nose to push zippers open and the Celltei has a special zipper which they say dogs can't open from the inside.  I got the pak-o-pet last year and I love it.  I never used the backpack though.  The pak-o-pet I have can be a handbag, comes with a shoulder strap and comes with the backpack straps.  Also the Celltei has more pockets than other carriers that I have so that I can just shove my keys and wallet in there and not have to worry about carrying a purse too.  Celltei also has some messenger style bags so that you could wear it across your body.  Check out the 'specials' page on the site, they have some carriers that are on sale.
  I just really like the overall quality of the Celltei's.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53773
[/QUOTE]
I agree. I have the tote-o-pet and love it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the tote-o-pet too, Lexi's mom. Celltei makes the best bags around, for sure.
Little Peanut, even though you don't use the backpack option for your bag, have you tried it on as a backpack? Was it comfortable?
I am trying to decide if I should get the backpack that is specially made and looks like a backpack, or if I should get the pak-o-pet.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
idont think i'll be comfortable having Jong-ee on my back, i wouldnt be able to see her face coz shes behind me and i wouldnt see if anything is wrong, also i'll probably have a feeling somebody might snatch her

i prefer having her in front of me or on my side (Even tho its heavy and painful after a period of time) where i can see her all the time

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I really like the custom celltei one but I have never used a backpack style bag and I would worry about them trying to climb out and becuase you wouldnt be able to see them they could jump out and get hurt (I know I am being parinoid)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Tavish@Apr 18 2005, 03:05 PM
I have the tote-o-pet too, Lexi's mom. Celltei makes the best bags around, for sure.
Little Peanut, even though you don't use the backpack option for your bag, have you tried it on as a backpack? Was it comfortable?
I am trying to decide if I should get the backpack that is specially made and looks like a backpack, or if I should get the pak-o-pet.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53786
[/QUOTE]
Hi Tavish,
I did try it as a backpack once just to see if it was comfy and for me, I thought it was a little bit awkward because the Pak-o-pet is sort of boxy. It was more comfy for Peanut because the he was protected from the bag caving in on him, but it was seriously like carrying a box on my back. It really wasn't that bad, but I just really don't like backpacks in the first place and I kept banging it into the walls and stuff. On the celltei site they have a link for stores that carry their bags, maybe if you live near one you could test them all out first.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your help! I think I will get the custom backpack. I think the pak-o-pet looks a little boxy too, so hopefully the custom one won't feel as awkward on my back. I understand the benefits to carrying him on my front as well, but for trips where I have to rush to catch a train or something it would just be too difficult to carry him at the front or the side. All Celltei bags come with attachments built in that I can clip to Tav's harness to prevent him from jumping out, so I don't think that will be an issue. I also like the fact that it is completely enclosed, in case I have to take him in somewhere that he isn't allowed. I called Angie yesterday at Celltei and she is going to send me some samples for patterns. It will take about three weeks for the bag to be completed. I have been so BAD about getting more of Tav's pics up on the board here. I'll get on top of that as soon as my other computer is fixed. Thanks again everyone for your help!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I have a Celltei. I think it is Active Tote or something like that. Anyway, it is a great product and Angie is wonderful to work with. It is such a pleasure to do business with such a customer-oriented company.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Apr 19 2005, 11:36 AM
I have a Celltei. I think it is Active Tote or something like that. Anyway, it is a great product and Angie is wonderful to work with. It is such a pleasure to do business with such a customer-oriented company.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54131
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have the Celltei Pet-on-the-Go and it's their messenger bag style and I LOVE it. It's so comfy and totally hands free. You might check that one if you don't want to do the backpack route. All the bags are cute, but I'm partial to the messenger bag style.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you wear the messenger style in the back, or do you have to carry it in the front all the time? I ask because it looks like it might be difficult having that big bag on the front of you when you're trying to walk quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts