Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Also find out where she got the male maltese from. If it was a pet store, puppymill, or byb there is a higher chance of medical problems in the future.

I would ask for the name of her vet and call and find out if there have been any problems.

I would be cautious and do some checking before you decide either way.

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Originally posted by Shareyn+May 20 2005, 01:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@May 20 2005, 01:22 PM
Do you think the person with the male will wait for you to decide if you leave them a deposit?  If it were me, I would question the medical history of the male...pet insurance or not.  I tend to be cautious and stick with what I know, so in that situation, I would be more likely to go with another pup from my breeder.  Good luck.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63834
I am cautious too.

I though about having her sign a sales agreement to the effect that the puppy is in good health at the time of the sale and that I have 48 hours (not including the weekend) from time of purchase to have a licensed veterinarian examine the dog. If the dog is found in unaceptable health and the animal is returned to the seller within 24 hours of the exam, the seller will refund to me the purchase price of the dog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63837
[/B][/QUOTE]
That sounds reasonable to me.

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Originally posted by Shareyn+May 20 2005, 01:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@May 20 2005, 01:22 PM
Do you think the person with the male will wait for you to decide if you leave them a deposit?  If it were me, I would question the medical history of the male...pet insurance or not.  I tend to be cautious and stick with what I know, so in that situation, I would be more likely to go with another pup from my breeder.  Good luck.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63834
I did ask her where the puppy came from and specifically asked if it came from a puppy mill. She said no that she had bought it from a breeder in Minnesota. She could not remember the name, but apparently the dog was mailed to Va.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63839
[/B][/QUOTE]
That doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't a puppymill. Ask how old the puppy was when she got it.

· Registered
7,310 Posts
My mom taught Lexi how to do the steps by putting her on the middle step. She just wanted to see if she could do it (she was right next to Lexi). At first Lexi was kind of scared but with some encouragment she went up a stair and then another. Within an hour she was running up and down the stairs. She still desn't like wooden stairs and refuses to do them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.