Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am sending a personal e-mail, pm, to a member and I try to attach a picture I am unable to. There is an icon that says "insert image" but when I click on it it asks for the "URL of your image". Does anyone know how to attach/insert a photo when in the personal mail part of this forum? Hope someone knows what I am talking about and is able to help.

Thanks,
Lynda

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Lynda, the only way I know how to do that is by using an image hosting site, such as photobucket. In that case you copy and paste the the URL from your hosting site. If you are trying to send a photo from your computer, I can't help.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Your puppies are just too adorable!!! Instead of inserting a photo, why don't you just FedEx me one of your babies.
Sorry, I am new to this too and cannot help except to tell you how cute your pups are... =)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lynda, the only way I know how to do that is by using an image hosting site, such as photobucket. In that case you copy and paste the the URL from your hosting site. If you are trying to send a photo from your computer, I can't help.
Guess I am going to have to learn how to use an imagine hosting site. Not sure if I have any room left in my brain to learn something else.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your puppies are just too adorable!!! Instead of inserting a photo, why don't you just FedEx me one of your babies.
Sorry, I am new to this too and cannot help except to tell you how cute your pups are... =)
Welcome to SM and thank you for the kind compliment on my babies. If you catch me on the right day, I could FedEx all four to you.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
I suppose that is the only way to do it in private messaging, since there is no icon for attaching files. It really is handy to use a image hosting site, and not at all difficult. You can do it. If you get stuck, I'll be happy to help.

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
How do I add photos to my postings?
The best way to do it is to use an image hosting website, such as photobucket. To get started without that, you can use the attachment icon (looks like a paper clip) to download from your computer. I don't know if that was clear enough, but if you have other questions...just ask.

·
Administrator
559 Posts
Hi there,

If you are trying to add a picture to your post, you have two options:

Option 1: Use the "Manage Attachments" function contained at the bottom of the screen when you're in the advanced posting format. If you're doing a "quick reply", you won't see this section.

This requires you to add the photo from the computer you are using.

Option 2: Use the "insert image" function. This is the small icon that looks like a stamp with mountains on it. If you use this function, you have to store your pictures on an external image hosting site (such as Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook) and get the link of that image to insert here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts