Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

help with siggy

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  momtoboo 
#1 ·
I can't get this even though I tried and tried

#5 ·
First, go into the blue band at the top called "User CP" (on the same row as Home, Forum, etc)...

Then click on Edit Signature

You will see boxes similar to what you see when you post... to put in a siggy image, click on the yellow icon that looks mountains with a sun... it will pull up a bar that starts with "http://"

This is where you can upload your photobucket image (I use this to make basic changes to mine (size, border, stickies, etc)...

Or easier, there is also a button that says "Browse" where you can just click it and upload directly from your computer...

Tyson is a cutie! :)

Example:

#11 · (Edited)
but it just puts another URL in my Edit signature window and I never actually see the photo. I am hopeless. I have taken Organic Chemistry courses that seem easier than this. (Sorry about the whining, you are a dear to try and help.) Linda
awwh Linda, trust me, this is easier than Organic Chemistry :p

You wont see the photo before you click on "Save Signature"

Here is Eileen's explanation in pictures (inspired by Crystal and it did great to explain) - for visual learners, like myself:

step 2

step3

step4

I am guessing that you reached to this point, Linda

All you have to do then is click on "save Signature"

After you click on that, you will find your siggie picture.

Kat

#6 ·
Dear Eileen,
Thanks for your input abd your compliment but it just puts another URL in my Edit signature window and I never actually see the photo. I am hopeless. I have taken Organic Chemistry courses that seem easier than this. (Sorry about the whining, you are a dear to try and help.) Linda

#14 ·
Linda, don't feel bad, I did it once, now can't remember, deleted my old ticker and now cannot put in the new one. I'm just as hopeless.:blink:

Dear Eileen,
Thanks for your input abd your compliment but it just puts another URL in my Edit signature window and I never actually see the photo. I am hopeless. I have taken Organic Chemistry courses that seem easier than this. (Sorry about the whining, you are a dear to try and help.) Linda

#7 ·
Try this then...

Right Click the siggy pic in post #5 and Save Picture to your Desktop

Go to User CP

Edit Signature

Click the bar that says Browse and click on the pic from your desktop

Click Upload

Click Save Signature

I'm pretty bad at the techy stuff too...some people here are amazing, but I have found work arounds for the 'basics'

Hopefully, that will work :)

#10 · (Edited)
She might be forgetting to push the button saying "Save your signature" or she might not click on "upload".
If you have that picture in Photobucket, it's really easy to do. All you need to do is copy the Image Code from Photobucket (put your cursor on the Image Code to highlight, right click, click copy), go to the Signature box in Edit Signature in User CP, put your cursor in the Signature box, right click, click paste. Click Save Signature. Your signature picture should appear in the preview box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.