Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just taking Bella out for a walk and there were some people at the bottom of the stairs. Bella was so excited when I was putting her down she jumped and bumped her head. It made a pretty loud thump and she wimpered for just a few seconds and then she just wanted to go for her walk. I'm so scared she is hurt. Has this happened to you? Did you go to the vet? My vet is not 24 hour and is just a two vet clinic so the emergency number is just the vet's home. I don't want to call if she is acting normal but I don't want to not call if something is wrong! Any advise?

Nicolle

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Aaawwww...Poor baby...I hope she is ok...give her kisses..and tell her to chill a little!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker has done this before..he was fine. he has gotten so excited he slipped on the hard floor and smacked his head. i always say if he stops crying hes fine. touch her head see if she cries out. if she doesnt she should be fine. parker gives her a big kiss on her noggin!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If she is not complaining then she should be fine. Check to see if you find any bruses...
Chester did something like that . When we got hard wood floors she was sliding back and forth it was so funny untill he smacked his head in the wall . He still does it , but now he is a pro. So he does not hit the wall anymore

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Puddles did about the same thing. He was running to the door and missed a step. Hitting the upper step head first, knocking him back. I picked him up and hubby checked for any cuts or knots. I did hold a wash cloth with ice in it on his head for a little while and he didn't even move. Then he wanted down and we just watched him.

Hope shes okay......Puddles sends his love.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
at least your baby let out a cry to alert you something happened... haha... Kodie was running one day and ran right into the wall... I was doing something at the time..so i only heard this loud bang... and it was his head! He didnt cry or anything.. he just looks stunned.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, she has been acting normal. She took a litte nap but I made her play with me first, just to make sure she was ok. I can't feel a bump on her head or anything and I kept touching it a lot and she didn't cry. I just feel bad, it was on the concrete and it made a big thump! Poor little thing

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Give her an extra kiss! Glad she seems to be ok.

Originally posted by Nicolle916@Jan 13 2005, 11:02 PM
well, she has been acting normal.  She took a litte nap but I made her play with me first, just to make sure she was ok.  I can't feel a bump on her head or anything and I kept touching it a lot and she didn't cry.  I just feel bad, it was on the concrete and it made a big thump!  Poor little thing

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29626
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the help! She is fine this morning and slept through the night. She woke up 3 minutes before the alarm and is running and barking like normal. Just a freak out on my part! I will be holding her TIGHT from now on! Little monkey trying to jump!

Nicolle

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi hits her head every so often. It is usually on the coffee table. She try to jump up onto the couch but ends up hitting her head. Lately she seems to think she has to get up the stairs in less then 1 second and has missed a step and hit her face on the step. None of it bothers her. She might be like "what the heck just happened?" but she never cries out. I try to not make a big deal out of it. I check to make sure she is ok. These guys are a lot tougher then the look.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Jan 14 2005, 08:00 AM
Thank you all for the help!  She is fine this morning and slept through the night.  She woke up 3 minutes before the alarm and is running and barking like normal.  Just a freak out on my part!  I will be holding her TIGHT from now on!  Little monkey trying to jump!

Nicolle

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29640
[/QUOTE]

Glad she is ok!
I am sure you are much more relieved today too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts