Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a great idea from a friend who has a toy poodle. I've tried it and it works great!

After speaking with my friend and telling her that Abbey's bed was falling apart after so many washings, she gave me this very helpful tip.

Buy a vinyl pillow case protector (Walmart sells them in a package of 2 for like $4.00), cover puppy's bed (Abbey's happens to be a memory foam pillow), then cover vinyl pillow case cover with a pillow sham.

Now all I have to do is wash the pillow sham and wipe off the vinyl cover when Abbey has an accident. I also wash Abbey's bedding every time I give her a bath - once a week. I fiqure like us she deserves clean sheets!

It has really helped us! Hope it might help someone else!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@May 1 2005, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to share a great idea from a friend who has a toy poodle.  I've tried it and it works great!

After speaking with my friend and telling her that Abbey's bed was falling apart after so many washings, she gave me this very helpful tip.

Buy a vinyl pillow case protector (Walmart sells them in a package of 2 for like $4.00), cover puppy's bed (Abbey's happens to be a memory foam pillow), then cover vinyl pillow case cover with a pillow sham.

Now all I have to do is wash the pillow sham and wipe off the vinyl cover when Abbey has an accident.  I also wash Abbey's bedding every time I give her a bath - once a week.  I fiqure like us she deserves clean sheets!

It has really helped us!  Hope it might help someone else!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58571
[/QUOTE]

I did this too!
There are "old" pillows in various places all over the house that are covered like that...it is a good use for them. It took Brink a while to get used the plastic-ey sound that the vinyl cover made...and he peed on it a couple times...(maybe relating it to wee-pad sound?) but now he sleeps on them all the time, and so do the cats! It is a great way to "make" an inexpensive "washable" bed!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@May 1 2005, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to share a great idea from a friend who has a toy poodle.  I've tried it and it works great!

Now all I have to do is wash the pillow sham and wipe off the vinyl cover when Abbey has an accident.  I also wash Abbey's bedding every time I give her a bath - once a week.  I fiqure like us she deserves clean sheets!

It has really helped us!  Hope it might help someone else!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58571
[/QUOTE]
I did pretty much the same thing. Instead of the vinyal cover I got a water-proof allergy cover (around $3).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts