Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My little fur baby has anxiety with travelling in a car. He pants a lot and shakes. I want to make it comfortable for him for my next trip. I bought the hemp treats I heard they help with anxiety. I want to make sure they are good before giving it to him. Can anyone weigh in on this ?

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,898 Posts
I have not used these but a neighbor swears by them----she has two rescue dogs that are pretty skittish! She gives them a gummy each night to help them sleep. I do have some CBD (Balance) which I have used w/Kitzi a few times---not something I use on him regularly or even recently. He is on heart meds so I am careful what he gets. Maybe someone else will weigh in that has more experience w/this.

Reactions: roofuszig

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,024 Posts
Unless he is allergic to hemp, I doubt if they would be harmful. Whether they will be effective or not, I am not sure. I would try them before the car trip though.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
My Nani is the same way in the car. I tried the hemp treats and they did nothing for her. I think it is hit or miss on whether they will work or not. Just like people our pups all react differently to things. My vet prescribed something for her but I have not had a chance to test it our yet. Good luck

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,880 Posts
I just tried Colorado hemp honey for my girls gi issue and it didnt work well for us at all. It was probably that particular one/brand. that said, hemp comes highly recommended from some of the support forums I am on for all kinds of issues, anxiety, arthritis, gi, etc.
i would definitely try it out beforehand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts