Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo of Sassy (standing on left) and Sadie (sitting on right). Its not so great and they look beige against the beige chair, even though they are really white. It was hard to pose one dog, let alone two or three. I keep trying to get one with Jolie and the puppies and haven't had much success. In reality Sadie has bigger eyes and she is a fraction taller than Sassy. Sassy has alot of hair so she looks plumper than Sadie. They feel like they weight the same, though.

Sassy is still a little unsure of her surroundings and follows me around always. I expect that she'll settle in. The girls play together nicely, though Sadie can be rather harassing. Sassy is beginning to get some spunk and comes right back. Sassy sleeps fine through the night and is eating great. For all my worries about getting some hyperdog, she is very sweet and very calm. In a way she might be a better fit for Jolie because she isn't as pestering as Sadie is. On the other hand, she still has some settling in to do so I don't think we know exactly what her personality is. Since she was show bound, the breeder had her in full coat (for a puppy). It is too much hair for us but she is clearly used to being groomed and that is a huge help.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Susan, they are ADORABLE!!!! I can definitely see the "family" resemblence between then. They are truly beautiful and you are one lucky lady to have them both with you right now!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
awww they are beautiful! you are so lucky!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
So sweet!!!
I am SO happy for you!!!
(but a little green also
) Post more pics!!! They are beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!

We went to the Vet today. I took all three dogs because Sassy needed her overall check, Sadie needed her teeth checked before spay and Jolie the Bichon has been biting her back end like a maniac. I probably won't try to take all three dogs again, even tho my daughter was with me. It was like Wild Kingdom! Sassy got a clean bill of health - whew! I expected her to, but paranoid me was still worried. She has no retained teeth and needs to be spayed this month. Sadie has one retained tooth that they'll get during spay procedure. My vet DOES pre-test for anesthesia which I have to request but I was glad they didn't act like I was an idiot about it. I would have never known about that had it not been for this site. Yay. Jolie needs teeth cleaned and they will remove 3 warts and send them for pathology check on Wednesday. He doesn't think there is a problem but wants to make sure. Keep fingers crossed about that. Should I have Sadie and Sassy spayed at the same time? They are going to be on limited activity for 10-14 days. Seems logical to do it all at once and then plan to be home and keep them quiet. What do you think?? Meanwhile my vet bill today was $390. That included a year of heartworm and flea for Sassy and some meds for Jolie's itchy skin. Too bad the vet doesn't have a kid who needs wisdom teeth removed. With a teeth cleaning and 2 spays still to come I'm sure to be their best customer in January! LOL.

Thanks for all your support. I've really needed it. I've agonized over my daughter taking Sadie but Sassy will heal my heart. She is such a doll and so sweet. She and Jolie will take the slack even though I'll miss my little Sadie. I'll have all of the dogs with me for another month due to the spaying, etc. Who knows, I might still end up with all three. I've taken more photos and will post them soon.
Susan

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What? Your daugther is taking Sadie? *scratching my head* Have you talked about this before? I feel like I've missed something. LOL...My bad!

Vet bills are a pain. My babies better always love me forever and ever and ever! Noriko may get spayed next week!

And definitely keep us posted
ANd more pictures please!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad they are getting along...i would get them both done at once...then u dont have to worry about one wanting to pounce on the other.

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 3 2005, 07:44 PM
What?  Your daugther is taking Sadie?  *scratching my head*  Have you talked about this before?  I feel like I've missed something.  LOL...My bad!

Vet bills are a pain.  My babies better always love me forever and ever and ever!  Noriko may get spayed next week! 

And definitely keep us posted
  ANd more pictures please!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27262
[/QUOTE]
where have u been LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts