Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last week about the 8mo old puppy a friend wanted to re-home. While I could not commit to him my very good friend (who is also a vet) did. So Ollie sometimes spends time with me when she works and can't take him with her. I have him right now for 2 days.

I have totally bonded to this dog. He's not an easy dog - like my other two (I have one very laid back 6yr old pug and a 1yr old pekepoo who is a total love). Mr. Ollie is pretty independent, barks a lot and goes nuts when my cat enters the room. He also used to nip when we'd try to brush him, especially his face. He now lets us wipe around his eyes, brush his face and body and even trim him a bit w/out incident. This all happened in a week's time. I think that is great!

We are working hard with him to reward him for not barking (excessively) and trying to get him used to cats. I have one cat, my friend has 3. I think it just takes more and more exposure so he doesn't go all nutso when Gryffen (my Maine Coon mix) enters the room. Gryffen loves small dogs and thinks he is one of them. Ollie would have himself a good buddy if he'd just relax. I think he's kind of scared of cats and that is why he reacts that way. If anyone has any tips to help me get him over this hump I'm all ears!

Ollie LOVES other dogs - plays and plays with them. In his previous home he was the only pet and I think he was bored. He also has more free roam over here as I have a dog door and all the dogs play in and out at will.

So even though Ollie is not technically my dog he is partly (we went in together for the adoption fee)so and does spend time here. I find myself really looking forward to seeing him and working with him. Plus my dogs enjoy his company too.
The best thing is his previous owner and kids can come see him when he is here as they live down the street. I think it just all worked out so well.

Here is a photo. Since then we did trim up his face so he can see better!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
How can you help but be hooked with that little cutie? Ollie is super cute. :wub: Glad you got the hair out of his eyes too. I would post some of the behavior issues in the Maltese Training forum to get some good info on the cat issue or anything else. Hopefully someone like Jackie (JMM) will chime in. She's terrific. Happy you posted pix for us to see. You're a real aunt to that pup:)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
He IS a cutie for sure, You omitted the fact he's been neutered buy your vet friend, or is that 411 just for the people on MO? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
He is adorable!
Just curious about why there was an adoption fee IF he is a rehome?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He IS a cutie for sure, You omitted the fact he's been neutered buy your vet friend, or is that 411 just for the people on MO? :unsure:
Ooops yes i left that out -thought I put that in there. He was neutered last Monday and I don't think he even knows. He was a great patient and recovered well!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Well who wouldn't be hooked by that cutie patootie? He's a DOLL!! So glad he's being so well cared for. And those 'stinkers' are sure a lot of fun, aren't they? :wub:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts