Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Hurricane Rita shifted and it looks like we're in for some more nasty weather. Now Tucker is acting very strange again. He won't leave my side and he kisses me everytime we make eye contact. I don't know how to comfort him. All he wants to is sit on my lap. He's even letting me ped him for awhile w/o trying to bite my hand. I just want him to feel better.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Brooks@Sep 22 2005, 02:10 PM
Well Hurricane Rita shifted and it looks like we're in for some more nasty weather. Now Tucker is acting very strange again. He won't leave my side and he kisses me everytime we make eye contact. I don't know how to comfort him. All he wants to is sit on my lap. He's even letting me ped him for awhile w/o trying to bite my hand. I just want him to feel better.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102245
[/QUOTE]
You know I truly believe animals can sense things ,we had a small earthquake yesterday and I was on the golf course and this dog was barking and barking and then he just stops and it wasn't a min. later we started rolling :eek: They just know. I think God gave the really smart brains to the dogs..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by Brooks@Sep 22 2005, 04:10 PM
[/QUOTE]

Poor little guy, My Cosmo won't let me pet him either without trying to
bite my hand unless he is tired........is this the norm for these little guys
or just when they are puppies?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by lethalfire+Sep 23 2005, 10:17 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Brooks
@Sep 22 2005, 04:10 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102481
[/B][/QUOTE]

Im not sure if it is. But when Tuck was about 10 weeks, I posted about him biting all the time, and everyone told me that was normal, it was just how puppies play. Maybe they will grow out of it.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102481
[/QUOTE]

How old was Cosmo when you got him? One of the reasons for waiting until they are 12 weeks to bring them home is that they learn very important lessons from their mom and littermates, including bite inhibition.

Biting the hand is not accepable at any age and should not be tolerated. It can lead to bigger problems later on. If he didn't get this important training from his mom, you'll have to teach him yourself.

http://www.westieclubamerica.com/behavior/nipsandbites.html

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-44.htm

http://www.crickethollowfarm.com/biteinhib.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts