Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nichole, I was looking at dogster today looking at the maltese. I came across this dogster page, I think they have copied a pictue of Toby, and I also recognize another picture from the spoiledmaltese gallary. It is the exact picture of toby being in the mail box but their name is Louis Vuitton. I thought u and others may find this interesting and in my opinion rude and very odd. here is the link
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=49440

They have totally made up the story/dog they own with various pictures of other dogs.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree! It is Toby for sure, has the hair over the one eye. I couldn't believe it. I almost sent them a message but thought I better not, but that just makes me angery. I thought the pajama picture looked familiar too. I just can't believe someone would steal other peoples pictures and then make up their own profile with them and not think that the real owners might come across it. I am curious how often this happens, I don't have time today go through all 600 some of the maltese at dogster, I have a pediatric test I need to be studying for, but everything else seems more interesting at the moment :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Wow.. that's not even cool. I think I might put my Tuffy's name on all my pictures just to be on the safe side. I sent a message to dogster about that user so hopefully they'll delete their account.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I have sent the little thing to dogster, the contact thing if it is inappropriate. They probably won't do anything about it, since the pictures were all of dogs. I did tell them that 2 of the pictures that I knew of were actually of two other dogs, Zach and Toby, and told them which pictures and that they are from a gallary in a maltese forum. Like I said i doubt they will do anything, but I at least let them know that they have someone on there who has made up a profile describing one dog using pictures of other peoples dogs (without their permission...I assume!). I maybe shouldn't have but this has really made me mad.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so I went to the link again and read about what they put into their fake profile! They have quite a few curse words in it. In the contact thing if it is inappropriate it has a box u can click on if it contains vulgar words, pictures etc to be blocked immediately from others until dogster can review it. So I sent them another thing and checked marked the box because they had vulgar words. So now, hopefully for sure that will be deleted. I think that is a good idea to add the puppys name to the page, pretty rediculous we even need to think about that...thanks to inconsiderate people!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good I am glad to hear they removed it from the search. On top of stealing the pictures, and lieing about the life of their so called "louis" their write up on the arrival story had those cuss words in them. Goes to show that they dont really know a maltese, cause I dont think these lil' guys could be so hateful :D.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
casey thinks that all the pictures look different...that they probably stole from other people. lol. how crazy is that?! anyway, i took some pics of sprite and ellie, and a couple of times (i think it was sprite) she looked like toby, and i was like "hopefully no one steals these pics". lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
OMG......I saw it tonight...can't believe anyone would do that...they must be real 'low life'.
Can't something be done? Like sue them for 'piracy' or something?
A person wouldn't mind if someone would want a picture of their pet on a website, in fact they would probably be a little flattered.
But to just outright steal it is criminal

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is actually really sad... maybe it is like a young girl who lied to her friends and said she got a maltese and she made a fake page for him.... Or maybe this person just has internet buds and she shows off the page to her chatroom pals

I mean "Louis" aka Toby, actually has been corralled AND he has pup pals

Very creepy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you're going to steal someone else's pictures you should at least be a little more clever about it.....

It looks like there are three different dogs on there....and there is no way any of them are in the 11 to 25 lb range!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah Toby and the other 7 dogs they stole pictures of!
They really don't look alike. I hope if they did get your photos from here, that they come back and browse the posts and see this. Then see we know they are an uneducated liar (if theyd been educated they would have descirbed the maltese profile a little closeer to the norms of one!)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I advise everyone to edit their dog's pictures before posting them in the internet. I am always careful when posting Snowy's pictures now after someone stole them and posted them on puppyfind.com.
There are lots of crazy people out there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts