Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I feel your pain, Pat... I have 30 inches to shovel :blink: Take it easy and do a little at a time. And just think... it's supposed to be 50 degrees on Friday...lol.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
OMG Pat........You had a blizzard!!! That is some snow! Yes, do be careful......Just get your cars and pathways made and get back in the house for a warm cup of something!!! I'll leave that up to you......

PS Have you got the Bounce strips out yet????:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Oh my gosh! I can't believe y'all have to shovel all that snow! No wonder you have such a great figure!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
OMG Pat. I think it must be a gang of thieves and they came to Vermont too. I know we had two cars out front but they seem to be MIA!!! Whadda storm.:w00t: Did it stop there yet? It's still insanely snowing here and 7 degrees without the wind chill.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Pat, I hope you get your hot tub back soon! We didn't get hit as bad as you guys and if the wind would stop blowing and causing snow drifts then I could go out and shovel. Oh, wait, I don't need to shovel. I'm surrounded by 20- and 30-something neighbors. While I was out twice last night shoveling to keep ahead of the snow, they were all sittin pretty in front of their TVs. As I expected, first thing this morning my phone rings, the 20-something guy across the street ... "Did I wake you?" "Wake me? It's 8:45 and I have dogs!! No, you didn't wake me." "Oh, good, can we borrow your snowblower and we'll do your driveway, too?"

I must admit, the snowblower has worked well. I've only had to use it two or three times. The other times my neighbors have come rushing over to "help"!

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
:new_shocked: Oh Pat, oh my gosh, ((( PAT)))
I remember my last winter at home:OMG!: it was terrible. Be careful Pat and all of you that have been dumped on, take your time shoveling.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been working on getting my car out. It's so deep.....I had to take a break. It is sooo windy!! It's not actually snowing anymore (I don't think) but it's blowing like crazy and drifting non stop!! The house is creaking with the wind. Maybe I won't even go back outside today. :innocent:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Oh Pat & Mary & others in the East----I promise I won't complain about the rain anymore! Yikes, you are tough! That is SOME snow.
Keep the babies warm, stay stocked up and warm & keep the reports coming. We hope your electrical power remains steady! Do you have a little gas heater you can boil water with?
warm hugs.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh wow alot over there , alot over here , im so over the snow i dislike winter , and the cold soo soo much !

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Pat, I wish I lived closer ... I'd be over with my snowblower in a heartbeat!! I am cleaned out as are all of my immediate neighbors thanks to their muscle and my snowblower. The guys took turns using the snowblower and we were all out shoveling to clean and neaten things up. I gotta tell ya, that snowblower was a great investment. I bought it used from a co-worker who sold his house, moved to a condo and didn't need it anymore. It was money well-spent ... it makes snow removal a whole lot easier and really fosters goodwill among the neighbors. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh no!! poor you. In Ottawa we had loads of companies that we could just call to do a one time clear for us. It wasn't too bad a price depending on the size of the drive. When your body isn't used to that kind of work you can do yourself a lot of damage.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Just stay inside and have some hot chocolate Pat. Wait until it's all over. Hopefully there will be friendly neighbors who have plows on their trucks that will help you out. You know how boys with their toys are.

Mary that must be one big snow blower you've got there. With that much snow, my poor little snow blower would choke out!:w00t:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts