Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to let everyone know that my mom and I are opening up an online retail store will have unusual gift items and accessories but i am carrying very trendy apparel for our babies not a big line of it but i found a line of pet clothes that i fell in love with site will be opened by november ill post it as soon as we are done some years back my mom had a boutique she has a real eye for clothes and all that stuff so it should be good
anyway thought i'd share

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well, that's great news! Seems many of us have talents that are transferable to our love of animals.

I am making Pico a dog bed. I found a pattern for the cover but couldn't find the foam bed so I'm making it! My next challenge is a Maltese cookie. I've never done a dog cookie but there is a maltese cutter on a cookie cutter website so I'm going to try that someday soon. After the dog bed my next project is a cake shaped like a baseball for my grandson's birthday in November. Sounds simple enough but I always find a way to complicate things.

I'll be looking for your website soon!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Aug 25 2005, 11:28 AM
Well, that's great news!  Seems many of us have talents that are transferable to our love of animals.

I am making Pico a dog bed.  I found a pattern for the cover but couldn't find the foam bed so I'm making it!    My next challenge is a Maltese cookie.  I've never done a dog cookie but there is a maltese cutter on a cookie cutter website so I'm going to try that someday soon.  After the dog bed my next project is a cake shaped like a baseball for my grandson's birthday in November.  Sounds simple enough but I always find a way to complicate things.

I'll be looking for your website soon!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93970
[/QUOTE]

if you have anything that you do make that you would be interested in selling let me know i want to have very different things

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I am making Pico a dog bed.  I found a pattern for the cover but couldn't find the foam bed so I'm making it!   
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93976
[/QUOTE]
I need to make Nikki a bed for her crate. I can't find one that I like that will fit into her crate. I was hoping to find a pillow that I could "slip cover" (like I did with Lexi's) but I can't find a pillow that small. So I guess i will have to make something.
Or, rather, I will have to help grandma make it since I suck at sewing.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
my next project is a cake shaped like a baseball for my grandson's birthday in November.  Sounds simple enough but I always find a way to complicate things.

[/QUOTE]

Hey I made my sons a baseball cake, a bowling ball cake and a soccer ball cake for various parties.

If you get the round wilton ball pan it is a piece of cake (pun intended lol). No it really is easy and when I did the soccer and baseball one. I took coconut and used food coloring to die it green and sprickled it around the base of the cake and it looked like it was sitting on grass. It was really cute. Good luck and I would love to see photos.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, im excited our name was approved yesterday and we should have the website up and running by november we are going to sell high end costume jewlery
gift items and unique items , i am taking care of the pet line i found some great manufacturers and the fall season apparel is adorable , i am one who dresses maxi up so i am into clothes so far everything i see i want to buy it for maxi i hope it makes it to the website lol...anyway ill keep you posted

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie+Aug 25 2005, 04:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@Aug 25 2005, 11:28 AM
my next project is a cake shaped like a baseball for my grandson's birthday in November.  Sounds simple enough but I always find a way to complicate things.

Hey I made my sons a baseball cake, a bowling ball cake and a soccer ball cake for various parties.

If you get the round wilton ball pan it is a piece of cake (pun intended lol). No it really is easy and when I did the soccer and baseball one. I took coconut and used food coloring to die it green and sprickled it around the base of the cake and it looked like it was sitting on grass. It was really cute. Good luck and I would love to see photos.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94062
[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I decided against the wilton pans and bought the Betty Crocker set that you can fill with ice cream or mousse. His birthday is in November so my girl friend and I are going to make a couple of test cakes, one in pound cake and one a dense chocolate cake. One we will cover with fondant and the other we will use only buttercream icing.

I'm determined to get it right. I waited until my granddaughters birthday to make a wierd cake for her and it just failed miserably for several reasons so this time we are doing test runs so he won't be disappointed.

I am getting him a Louisville Slugger bat personalized with his name and birthday off the Louisville Slugger Museum web site. It is very cool and he is going to be mega thrilled. The boy eats, sleeps and breathes baseball.

What did you ice your cake with?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Aug 25 2005, 11:46 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@Aug 25 2005, 11:28 AM
I am making Pico a dog bed.  I found a pattern for the cover but couldn't find the foam bed so I'm making it!   
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93976
I need to make Nikki a bed for her crate. I can't find one that I like that will fit into her crate. I was hoping to find a pillow that I could "slip cover" (like I did with Lexi's) but I can't find a pillow that small. So I guess i will have to make something.
Or, rather, I will have to help grandma make it since I suck at sewing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93980
[/B][/QUOTE]

For Pico's crate I cut two pieces (to make a double layer)of egg crate mattress pad to fit his crate and made a simple fleece pillowcase to fit with a fold-over end, like you find on pillow shams. I indulged my love of variety and made several so each time I change it out to wash it I can give his crate a different look.

I did something similar for his travel carrier except I covered the single layer egg crate pad with a washable "pee pad" so in case he has an accident (has never happened) the pee will be absorbed harmlessly into the pad. Then I slip covered it all with a pillow case I made with fleece on one side and sheepskin on the other, just for variety sake. The fleece is black/white leopard print and his white fur makes a dramatic contrast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.