Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me ask a question from you guys?
What you guys choose from a Maltese and a Pomchi? If you want a family dog.
I am very inspired by Maltese after seeing him at my friends home. But my family
is insisting me for Pomchi. Let me know what you guys think about these two breeds.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good Morning, I really don't have any experience with mixed breeds so I can't weigh in on that. I can tell you why I chose to have maltese almost 20 years ago. I am allergic to most dogs so I did research on the ones that I could have. After adopting my first maltese, I truly fell in love. I loved their temperament, loyalty and how lovable they are (along with how beautiful these soft white furbabies are). Sorry to sound so one-sided but as I said, I never had any other breed. What I would suggest is if you have very small children, a maltese may not be the best choice as they are small and can get hurt easily.

·
Super Moderator
10,396 Posts
Let me ask a question from you guys?
What you guys choose from a Maltese and a Pomchi? If you want a family dog.
I am very inspired by Maltese after seeing him at my friends home. But my family
is insisting me for Pomchi. Let me know what you guys think about these two breeds.
I would never intentionally mix breeds. If you don’t want to support ethical breeding practices and responsible breeders, please go to a rescue. Don‘t make the problem of poorly bred ”designer dogs” worse.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I agree with the advice not to get a deliberately bred mixed breed. You have no guarantee that the parents of either in the mix were good representatives of the breed, healthy and of good temperamentl, or which traits of each parent/breed the puppy will get. If you want a Maltese or a Pomeranian, look for a good, responsible breeder of either.

This is a Maltese forum, and I have never had a Pom or known one, really, although I did rescue one that was running loose in the capitol park and got him back to his owners. They were not enthusiastic about getting him back, immediately started scolding him. Then they offered to let me keep him for a modest price. No thanks. He was not neutered and was urinating on my kitchen cupboards.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion pure bred poms. (Teddy bear face) are adorable. But I am biased and love the Maltese breed, Maltese do require lots and lots of affection and grooming of the coat if you don’t want them to be shaven. And to prevent tear stains. Maltese also do bark a lot so if you are an irritable person who are sensitive to noise I wouldn’t recommend. Maltese are great for people who love to be loved they adore being held and taken everywhere every second of the day. Poms. (Pure bred) Are more independent from my experience and enjoy doing their own thing, they don’t require as much grooming but do meed to be brushed a couple of times a week and a trim that can be done at home if you know how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts