Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an old member but I had to reregister because I could not remember the email I had many years ago.

I wanted to let my old friends on here to know that Rain had to be put to sleep last week. She had cancer in her stomach and I couldn’t let her suffer anymore. It broke my heart and I hope she is running with CeeCee at Rainbow Bridge. She had started her 14th year and after careful thought I just could not put her through anymore, I had a long talk with her before the shot and let her know how much we loved her and thanked her for being our little girl. I put her next to my heart and she cuddled right into me. Pat, if you see this, let the girls on FB know please. I lost all my emails and phone numbers and could not contact anyone......A Broken hearted Mom

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Diane, is that really you? I have sent you several emails but you probably changed your address! I am so sorry to hear about Rain, believe me when I say "I feel your pain." If you have my email please write & let me know how you are, along w/little girl (I am being purposefully vague). Sending you much love. Sandi

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Oh Dianne - I rarely get on here anymore and I opened it up and saw your name. Couldn't read it fast enough. I'm so sorry about Rain. You did what you needed to do to save her from suffering. I think she and CeeCee definitely are together looking down on mom and being your guardian angels. It's so hard as so many of our sweet Maltese are aging. We've all got such a strong bond all these years. I've been wanting to reach out, and someone at one point sent me your phone number but I misplaced it. So many on FB are missing you so much. I'll let them know about Rainy butt and that you're okay. Hows Abbs? I can't imagine how grown she is. Miss you girlfriend. If you still have my email reach out or pm me here.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Hi Dianne, I am so sorry to hear about Rain :'( She was such a gorgeous girl like her sister, CeeCee. We had to put our Shih tzu to sleep a couple of weeks ago due to lymphoma in her intestines. We also couldn't watch her suffer any more, even though she had good days as well as her bad days. When she had bad days, she needed to be hospitalized and we couldn't do that to her any more. It's the kind thing to let them go even though it hurts so much. Love and healing wishes to you!

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
Dianne, I'm so very sorry about Rain! I know how difficult it is to make that decision because we love them so much. I'm sure she is with CeeCee and all of our other precious fluffs! Hugs to you!

·
Premium Member
20,025 Posts
Dianne!! I just saw Sue's post on FB about Rain! I am soooo sorry, I know you did what you had to do and that it's the hardest thing in the world to have to make that decision. I always feel like I'm being made to play God when I've had to do it.

My heart goes out to you and I miss you. I miss seeing your pretty kitties and little Miss Abbey, geez I feel like we watched her grow up and WHAM, just like that you're gone. I wish you'd come back to FB.

Rain was a good girl, a pretty girl and a loved girl....she will be missed. :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diane, is that really you? I have sent you several emails but you probably changed your address! I am so sorry to hear about Rain, believe me when I say "I feel your pain." If you have my email please write & let me know how you are, along w/little girl (I am being purposefully vague). Sending you much love. Sandi
Hi Sandy.....so glad to be in touch. My heart aches that I lost all email and telephone numbers to everyone. Is there anyway to give you and Sue all my info on here privately? Facebook was so much my little haven and because of a hacker I was forced to give it up.

forgot how to post pics but I will try and put one or two up of Abbs later and feel free to post to FB. Love you and miss you!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Oh Dianne - I rarely get on here anymore and I opened it up and saw your name. Couldn't read it fast enough. I'm so sorry about Rain. You did what you needed to do to save her from suffering. I think she and CeeCee definitely are together looking down on mom and being your guardian angels. It's so hard as so many of our sweet Maltese are aging. We've all got such a strong bond all these years. I've been wanting to reach out, and someone at one point sent me your phone number but I misplaced it. So many on FB are missing you so much. I'll let them know about Rainy butt and that you're okay. Hows Abbs? I can't imagine how grown she is. Miss you girlfriend. If you still have my email reach out or pm me here.
OMG Sue......I lost all your info and I was so upset. Please send it to me and this is for Sandy and Pat too! I have news for you that don’t want to post online. It is so good to be back in touch again. That is the reason I put my name in the heading.

It still hurts because it is so recent. Poor Tango is so sad and peeing on the floor right at his puppy pad. He has never done that in his life. I give him extra attention because I know he misses her too. It is just the Two of us now. The cats are gorgeous but they are touch me nots. Tango is going on 14 years and I will be without a little one.He and Rain were a few months apart......

I think of you often and miss you so much! Please email me with your email and I will store it some place other than my devices.......love you so much!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dianne!! I just saw Sue's post on FB about Rain! I am soooo sorry, I know you did what you had to do and that it's the hardest thing in the world to have to make that decision. I always feel like I'm being made to play God when I've had to do it.

My heart goes out to you and I miss you. I miss seeing your pretty kitties and little Miss Abbey, geez I feel like we watched her grow up and WHAM, just like that you're gone. I wish you'd come back to FB.

Rain was a good girl, a pretty girl and a loved girl....she will be missed. :cry:
Hey Pat,
This is like old home week! I miss you too and think of you often and think about Jill too......I put my email address up on Sue’s reply, share with Jill. I saw Ava’s and your new little girls pic. What a treat to see!!! You know that Ava and Rain are kin they share one parent, I think the Father.
Rainwas special, she never complained and was a little snuggle bunny....I envision in my mind that she and CeeCee are together and taking care of one another. I had her cremated and haven’t gotten her back yet. I will bury her next to CeeCee.

Such a wonderful surprise to wake up and see everyone respond to me and I feel blessed. I love you and miss my friends so much. Just so afraid that if I came back the hacker would take my account down again. It was a shock to me when my account was suddenly wiped out and he made it seem that FB did it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dianne, I am so sorry to hear about Rain :'( She was such a gorgeous girl like her sister, CeeCee. We had to put our Shih tzu to sleep a couple of weeks ago due to lymphoma in her intestines. We also couldn't watch her suffer any more, even though she had good days as well as her bad days. When she had bad days, she needed to be hospitalized and we couldn't do that to her any more. It's the kind thing to let them go even though it hurts so much. Love and healing wishes to you!
thank you so much and I know you can relate and understand. I am so sorry about your baby too. With friends, it helps so much to heal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dianne, I'm so very sorry about Rain! I know how difficult it is to make that decision because we love them so much. I'm sure she is with CeeCee and all of our other precious fluffs! Hugs to you!
thank you so much, it does give me comfort to think they are together! It is so hard to give them up!

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Dianne, I had to come here and say hello and tell you how sorry I am to hear about Rain. It just makes my heart ache to think of her snuggling in to you. She knew the love of being in your arms and that was comforting to her.
Jodi has been my only dog so I don't know what it is like, but I have been through it with my cats. I think there is some comfort in knowing it was the best way you could help her. I'm sure she is with CeeCee too. XO love Brenda

·
Premium Member
24,098 Posts
Dianne, I am so sorry , grieving is so hard.
I remember when my Matilda went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

It was the worst day of my life, you took time and left me a post, you will never know how much that meant to me.
I remember reading all the posts it helped though the tears knowing Matilda would be remembered, others cared.
I hope when you read these posts you realize how your life, CeeCee and Rain's mean to us.

From time to time God brings your name to me, I would pray
and wonder how you were doing , I remember when CeeCee went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge
My heart hurt for you, and it hurts you have to go through this again.
I will be praying for you

Memories
We go way back, I remember CeeCee and when you first brought Rain into your life
I will always remember the big bows, and wonderful stories I will always remember both CeeCee and Rain
and you dear friend
I hope you stay for a while, it helps to be around friends who love you and share
in your great loss

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Dianne, I am so sorry , grieving is so hard.
I remember when my Matilda went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

It was the worst day of my life, you took time and left me a post, you will never know how much that meant to me.
I remember reading all the posts it helped though the tears knowing Matilda would be remembered, others cared.
I hope when you read these posts you realize how your life, CeeCee and Rain's mean to us.

From time to time God brings your name to me, I would pray
and wonder how you were doing , I remember when CeeCee went home to Heaven's Rainbow Bridge
My heart hurt for you, and it hurts you have to go through this again.
I will be praying for you

Memories
We go way back, I remember CeeCee and when you first brought Rain into your life
I will always remember the big bows, and wonderful stories I will always remember both CeeCee and Rain
and you dear friend
I hope you stay for a while, it helps to be around friends who love you and share
in your great loss
Thank you for that lovely post! I just want to hug you and keep the prayers coming, I need them. We all need each other and these friends are the best!!! Hugs and Love!!!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Diane, I am so sorry for your loss of Rain. My heart hurts for you. Grieving is so hard.
I never had the fortune to know you or Rain. It's obvious from the above posts that you and rain were greatly loved. The compassion/love & strong bond developed here on SM is amazing - I am blessed to be part of this wonderful family. I'm thinking the Rainbow Bridge must be such a beautiful place with so many of our gorgeous maltese running around with their long flowing white hair. I hope you stick around here so I can get to know you. Please know I too care - Healing love and hugs.
Paulann

1 - 20 of 30 Posts