Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time Maltese owner and my wife and I found this website while searching for reputable Maltese breeders. We'really despair ate to find do someone we can trust and knows what they'really doing, and who hopefully has puppies available right now. The reason why we're desparate is we recently lost our precious little boy, Beau Dickens. We are both heartbroken, and want another maltese to pour our love into. Beau was our first male, and my wife wants to go back to having a female... Mainly because, even though we both loved him so much, he did mark things (and yes we did have him neutered @ young age). Wih each of our maltese, we have loved and cared for them at a very high level. I've been encouraged to hear people here in California speak highly of breeders like Sheila Reily, but does anyone know if she's still a breeder? I sent her an email asking her if she has puppies, but have yet to hear back from her. Or if anyone knows of someone like her (preferably in Calif.), who has puppies, please let me know.

Thank you everyone!

Jack

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Hi Jack! Welcome to SM! We have several members who live in California and may be able to help with your search. Also you can go to The AMA website and they have a list of reputable breeders who are members of the AMA. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Hi and welcome to SM. I hope Sheila does call you back. She has wonderful Maltese. I have two from her and a third was co-bred by her and another breeder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm a long time Maltese owner and my wife and I found this website while searching for reputable Maltese breeders. We'really despair ate to find do someone we can trust and knows what they'really doing, and who hopefully has puppies available right now. The reason why we're desparate is we recently lost our precious little boy, Beau Dickens. We are both heartbroken, and want another maltese to pour our love into. Beau was our first male, and my wife wants to go back to having a female... Mainly because, even though we both loved him so much, he did mark things (and yes we did have him neutered @ young age). Wih each of our maltese, we have loved and cared for them at a very high level. I've been encouraged to hear people here in California speak highly of breeders like Sheila Reily, but does anyone know if she's still a breeder? I sent her an email asking her if she has puppies, but have yet to hear back from her. Or if anyone knows of someone like her (preferably in Calif.), who has puppies, please let me know.

Thank you everyone!

Jack
Hi I live in California I wouldn't be so set on getting a female right this second as far as I know all the reputable breeders have a waiting list and females are the most in demand. Is there a size you wanted or a look you perfer? I really loved the baby doll or Korean look so my search was narrowed and to add on top of that I wanted a tiny malt no bigger than 4 pounds so that made my wait even longer. I just got my boy Echo originally I wanted a female first but it didn't work out I'm on the waiting with Echo's breeder for a girl and most likely won't be getting my girl until next year. You might want to take a second to grieve so you're not making any rash decisions and there's always the choice to rescue.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
:Welcome 3: I am sorry for your loss of Beau Dickens! I am not familiar with any breeders in California but I am sure several here are and will help you. I do hope you find the perfect match for your family!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

I'm so very very sorry for your loss. I've just experienced this myself in June and needed to get another pup pronto. I totally understand your needing a new furbaby right away. Try the AKC website that's where I found luck I just got my baby in August. I wish you all the luck on your search. If i can suggest a book for you and your wife it's titled You Can Heal Your Heart. By Louise L Hay and David Kessler. It really helped me a lot with my grief which I still deal with of course but I'm glad I have a new baby to love. Prayers are with you both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for responding to my forum post, and for giving great advice when we were looking for a female Maltese puppy. And just as Dream Brandy had stated, every breeder we spoke with either had a waiting list for their female pup, or they were many months away from having a litter available, so we ended up deciding on a delightful 13 week old boy... And are we ever happy with our decision! We just adopted our new family member from Peter Rogers (Validian)! And my wife and I were able to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary in Santa Barbara after getting our litttle boy last Friday (the 22nd). We named him officially "Beloved Blaze of Glory", but call him "Luvie". We're delighted with our decision and we're both already madly in love with him! We can not believe how smart Luvie is, how sweet he is, and of course (with all maltese) how adorable he is! I'll either post some pictures here or one of the other forum threads when I have time... right now I want to go play some more with our Luvie!

Thank you once again everyone!

Best regards,

Jack Ulstad

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
I have recently heard from Jeanne Riney....she has a 16 month old female who she was hoping to keep, but she is just 4.4 lbs and she was hoping this girl would have matured to 5 lbs by now. She has a "caffeine" temperament yet loves individual attention. If you can handle a strong willed happy girl, you might want to contact Jeanne. I was going to attach a picture, but it hasn't shown up in my "shared' photos yet...I just downloaded it from a text message I received from Jeanne.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thank you everyone!

Jack
I know how you feel. I lost my Aldo one month ago and I'd do anything to have my boy back. Its a terrible feeling. Good luck in your search and I hope you find a reputable Maltese breeder.
try going to the American Maltese Association
About the American Maltese Association | American Maltese Association

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you everyone for responding to my forum post, and for giving great advice when we were looking for a female Maltese puppy. And just as Dream Brandy had stated, every breeder we spoke with either had a waiting list for their female pup, or they were many months away from having a litter available, so we ended up deciding on a delightful 13 week old boy... And are we ever happy with our decision! We just adopted our new family member from Peter Rogers (Validian)! And my wife and I were able to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary in Santa Barbara after getting our litttle boy last Friday (the 22nd). We named him officially "Beloved Blaze of Glory", but call him "Luvie". We're delighted with our decision and we're both already madly in love with him! We can not believe how smart Luvie is, how sweet he is, and of course (with all maltese) how adorable he is! I'll either post some pictures here or one of the other forum threads when I have time... right now I want to go play some more with our Luvie!

Thank you once again everyone!

Best regards,

Jack Ulstad
Hi Jack - my husband and I just lost our 18 yr old Maltese Max and our 19 yr old Madeline and we've been just gutted. So we were looking for a reputable breeder near us in Souther California and I googled Peter's name and your message came up. So he has a little boy available and I must say hearing about your Luvie quells my fears over puppy mills - thank you so much I hope your little guy is doing well.
Best,
Laney

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
He hasn't been back since Novemver 2017, so I might look for a more current reference or at least current info about the breeder' breeding program, whether he shows and if so, how his current dogs have done, OFA and CERF results, who the sires are and info about them, among other things.

Is this breeder a member of the American Maltese Association?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts