Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello - I haven't had a chance to check into the forum much at all lately, due to my work responsibilities. I've been very busy since my promotion last summer. I do read the postings when I have a chance.

Welcome to all the new Maltese parents who have joined us! And gosh, so many lovely new babies. Makes me want another, LOL, as if I don't have enough!

An update on the kids:

Can you believe that Sylphide is 2 already? She went from being the brattiest baby imaginable to a wonderful adult who is just a cuddle bug.

And Shrek is a giant - 14 1lbs despite normal size parents! He went from being the sweetest little baby to the naughtiest adolescent. Can you believe that he'll be One year old this month? Seems like he was a baby just yesterday. He is such a luvvie-duvvie.

Our oldest dog Ozzy was recently diagnosed with diabetes, so we now have a daily insulin routine.
And, much to his dismay, he's on a special prescription diet and can't eat the delicious food that Sylphide and Shrek get (Chicken Soup plus fresh cooked chicken). Luckily, we caught the diabetes in very early stages. I noticed the early warning signs and took him right in for testing.

Well, I hope everyone is well and wish you a happy holiday season.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Glad to see your post and to know that all is OK. Glad that you got Ozzy taken care of right away! We miss you....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Good to hear from you.

Sorry to hear about Ozzie.
Glad you caught it early though.
We need pictures of your babies! I can't believe Shrek is 14 pounds....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Maybe you jinxed yourself when you named him "Shrek." Just a thought! :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm so glad to hear from you! Happy belated birthday to Sylphide and to Shrek
Hope Ozzy is taking treatment well, it's so good to know that the diabetes was caught early. Take care and come back soon
Big hugs for all your babies

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
It's great to hear from you and how your babies are doing
I am sorry to hear about Ozzie, but glad you caught his diabetes in the early stage
We would love to see some pictures of the kids please

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
ooooh welcome back! we missed your posts

pics of the babies, pleeeeeeease? i love sylphide's expressions.

ann marie and the "hehe, good one, jinxing shrek by naming him after an ogre, hehe good one hambys97!" buttercup

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for such a warm welcome back!
My time is still soooo squeezed, but I'll try to sneak in and post more often.

I'll try to get some updated pics of the pups in. Sylphide's coat is growing back - now that she has her adult coat it isn't matting much anymore. She's so fluffy now!

Shrek, on the other hand, is in a very short cut - he just blew out his puppy coat and was becoming one big ball of matts no matter how hard I tried to keep them out. I'll keep him short until his adult coat is fully present.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by hambys97@Nov 9 2005, 07:39 AM
Maybe you jinxed yourself when you named him "Shrek."  Just a thought! :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118195
[/QUOTE]

LOL! His breeder's 9 year old son named him. Since we brought Shrek home at 13 1/2 weeks, he already knew his name and responded to it. We just didn't have the heart to change it, even though we would have preferred something French, like Sylphide's name. We were thinking of naming him Stroumpf (French for Smurf).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Nov 9 2005, 10:46 AM
What makes you think you cannot feed chicken to a diabetic dog ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118259
[/QUOTE]

Those are the vet's orders...I think it's because she really wants him to lose a few more pounds, and the special diet food will do that (he's lost 3 1lbs in 3 weeks).

We can probably readjust his diet in a few months once he's slimmed down to a healthy weight (we have been guilty of feeding him good stuff and giving him snacks prior to his diagnosis).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts