Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi! So who did you wind up getting Sophie from? She is new, right? She looks like a doll!!
Hi Stacy. We got her from a breeder in So Ca before I knew more about the breed. :smcry:My daughter really wanted a "teacup" and this lady had really teeny ones. Little did I know that 4-6 lb is standard anyway. On her website, she was selling a 2 or 3 lb pup for $4000! As cute as Sophie is, her fur is unlike all the oner babies I have seen on this site. It is very thin and cotton-like. I am hoping that her adult coat will be a bit thicker.

Given what I know now, I would definitely try to get my next one from a top Maltese breeder. Sheila a pup I loved but hubby decided to wait until the end of the year.

Btw, Soph is 3 lbs and MJ is 18!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

They are adorable. Maltese coats are really different from Bischon coats.
Sophie's coat looks Maltese. Congratulations on her.

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Welcome! It's nice to meet you. what a difference in the size of your two pups! Bichons are sweet, aren't they! I had one for 15 years, she was a great dog....till she got old and grouchy...:w00t:..:wub: But I must say she inspired several people who met her to get a bichon.

Maltese are my favorite though, I'm hooked.

Look forward to seeing more pictures of you puppy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only wish hubby was ok with getting another pup. Although our bichon is only 5, he acts like a grouchy old dog! LOL Poor Sophie just wants somebody to play with. Hopefully I can get another maltese by the end of the year. :))

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Hi there!! Welcome to SM! I'm also in NorCal, but I'm on the Monterey Bay. Your girls are adorable! :wub:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi from So Cal!!! Your furkids are adorable!!!

My Poppy is also 5 1/2 months old, but a little bigger, he weighs 4.3 pounds.

HUGz and welcome!! Jules

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I am a couple hours away from you in the Sacramento Foothills.
Welcome to Spoiled Maltese. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts