Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I've done this correctly. Picture is of my new puppy at 7 wks. I don't have him yet. He'll be 12 weeks this week and I pick him up Saturday. I'm just too excited. I'm sure I'll be checking out this forum for the many questions I'll have after we get him. I think I've studied up on just about every Maltese site I can find while I've been waiting. I'm mostly nervous about pee pad training, grooming and bath training, and trying to resist letting him in our bed. I do have a crate and bought him a snuggle puppy so hopefully he won't cry too much.

His name is Zanipolo, An Italian boys name meaning little gift of God.
We'll call him Zani, the Zanman, Zanster, etc. etc.

Cath

http://www.hostedimage.com/usr/1771/Zanipolo,_7_wks.jpg

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awwww! WARM WELCOMES! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome from Sylphide, Shrek and I

Sylphide and Shrek want to know: why resist sleeping with puppy? We sleep with mom and dad and love it :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
HE IS ADORABLE!!! did you pick out a name?

and dont be nervous!! just read as much as you can, puppy proof your home, and have LOTS of patience.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome to SM!

When I got Catcher I slept with him in a lounge chair in my bedroom the first two nights. I was afraid he'd fall off the bed or I'd crush him or something, so he slept all snuggled at my neck and my then two-year-old Kallie slept on my legs. On the third night, I put Catcher in his crate, which is in my bedroom and he slept almost through the night. He never cried at all. I just didn't see any reason to "torture" him by putting him alone in his crate the first night. Those two nights of sleeping together and letting him know he was safe and loved were the best.... It may just be coincidence, but he is such a momma's boy and such a love... who finds snugging to be his favorite thing.... I can't help wonder if those first two nights had anything to do with it.....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome! Your baby is SO cute! The name is also original and neat!
Brinkley also sleeps with us...it is nice...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Catherine@Mar 20 2005, 10:39 PM
I hope I've done this correctly.  Picture is of my new puppy at 7 wks.  I don't have him yet.  He'll be 12 weeks this week and I pick him up Saturday.  I'm just too excited.  I'm sure I'll be checking out this forum for the many questions I'll have after we get him.  I think I've studied up on just about every Maltese site I can find while I've been waiting.  I'm mostly nervous about pee pad training, grooming and bath training, and trying to resist letting him in our bed.  I do have a crate and bought him a snuggle puppy so hopefully he won't cry too much. 

His name is Zanipolo,  An Italian boys name meaning little gift of God.

Cath

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44793
[/QUOTE]

WELCOME, CATH, I am also from central Arkansas. You will love this site very helpful. Do you live close to Little Rock?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome to SM, your pup is just so darn cute!! Enjoy them at that size because they don't stay that way long!! Sleeping with you is an individual choice that only you can make. Our Sisse sleeps in her crate, at night she grabs her crate toy and heads in there on her own now. She likes it. I think that whatever you do you'll do to fit your needs and your puppies!! We wouldn't sleep well with Sisse in bed with us, Joe is up and down a dozen times a night and I am sure Sis wouldn't get much sleep!! Bathtime was scary at first, just take your time and don't expect to much the first few times. Someone else on this site suggested putting warm water in the sink up to their little bellies and letting them stand in it. It soaks the "important parts" and also helps keep the pup warm while you are bathing. If I can suggest, get them use to the hair dryer if you can before you bathe. I use to take Sis in the bathroom with me when I dried my hair in the morning, I would sit on the floor and dry my hair. I would call her and give her a treat, pretty soon the drier no longer scared her and she would come running when she heard it (full well knowing she would get something yummy) :lol: She still doesn't like to have her face dried, but we don't worry about that anymore.

Relax, you'll do fine!! Enjoy this puppy stage, they all to soon develop their own independence and don't need you as much !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by luvmymacy+Mar 21 2005, 10:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Catherine
@Mar 20 2005, 10:39 PM
I hope I've done this correctly.  Picture is of my new puppy at 7 wks.  I don't have him yet.  He'll be 12 weeks this week and I pick him up Saturday.   I'm just too excited.   I'm sure I'll be checking out this forum for the many questions I'll have after we get him.  I think I've studied up on just about every Maltese site I can find while I've been waiting.   I'm mostly nervous about pee pad training, grooming and bath training, and trying to resist letting him in our bed.  I do have a crate and bought him a snuggle puppy so hopefully he won't cry too much. 

Cath

WELCOME, CATH, I am also from central Arkansas. You will love this site very helpful. Do you live close to Little Rock?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44871
[/B][/QUOTE]

YES, I live in Benton

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Catherine+Mar 21 2005, 10:47 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 10:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Catherine
I hope I've done this correctly.  Picture is of my new puppy at 7 wks.  I don't have him yet.  He'll be 12 weeks this week and I pick him up Saturday.  I'm just too excited.  I'm sure I'll be checking out this forum for the many questions I'll have after we get him.  I think I've studied up on just about every Maltese site I can find while I've been waiting.  I'm mostly nervous about pee pad training, grooming and bath training, and trying to resist letting him in our bed.  I do have a crate and bought him a snuggle puppy so hopefully he won't cry too much. 

Cath

[/QUOTE]

YES, I live in Benton
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44912
[/B][/QUOTE]

I live South of Carlisle, was in Benton last Thursday. Is this your first Maltese?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by luvmymacy+Mar 21 2005, 12:15 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 10:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Catherine
I hope I've done this correctly.  Picture is of my new puppy at 7 wks.  I don't have him yet.  He'll be 12 weeks this week and I pick him up Saturday.   I'm just too excited.   I'm sure I'll be checking out this forum for the many questions I'll have after we get him.  I think I've studied up on just about every Maltese site I can find while I've been waiting.   I'm mostly nervous about pee pad training, grooming and bath training, and trying to resist letting him in our bed.  I do have a crate and bought him a snuggle puppy so hopefully he won't cry too much. 

Cath

YES, I live in Benton
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44912
I live South of Carlisle, was in Benton last Thursday. Is this your first Maltese?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44931
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, this is my first Maltese. My last dog was a Chow. I had her for about 13 years. She died of old age about 2 months ago. She was a wonderful girl. She loved being outside so much. If I would bring her in she would just scratch at the door to go back out, even in the winter. I think she felt she was protecting her place and just seemed to worry if she was inside. I decided when she died, I would get a small dog that loved being inside and one that wasn't so independent. I knew I wanted a Maltese the minute I saw one. I've been patiently waiting for him for some time. I just can't wait. She will be sooo spoiled!!! Do you get Macy groomed in Little Rock or have you found someone closer to your home? How do you keep her cut? I've watched Petco and Petsmart grooming dogs and they seem to just shave them too short.

Cath

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to SM! Glad to have you here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts