Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
We are new to the forum. I have a 4 month old puppy named Chelsey and a 2 year old yorkie named Chester. They love each other and us
of course we love them too.
Just wanted to join this forum to get good information for our puppies so we can provide them the best care. Chelsey will be getting spayed next month and just had her last shots for this year . She currently weigh 4.7 pound and chester is 5.5 pounds. Yep I think she will be big baby, more to love

Anyway wishing you all seasons greetings.

p.s Are we allowed to disscuss products here?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome

You are allowed to discuss almost anything on this forum...you will love it!
Glad to have you!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Your furballs sound adorable! Yorkies and maltese dogs are my most favourite type of dogs ever! I just love the small type of doggies :D Everybody is really kind here, and you can ask almost any type of question and we'll answer you back with a solution or simple answer
Its also quite fun talking to everybody here about there doggies...I sort of got a addicted to coming here lol

Glad you joined the forum!

·
Banned
258 Posts
welcome!
not only are we allowed to discuss products but we are also allowed (and very much encouraged) to post pics
let's see your babies

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome... yes we can discuss products, give links to useful web sites, etc.

Tell me.... how did you get your two babies to "love each other". I have a 2-1/2 year old female and almost 8 month old male (both Malts) and they play together but don't love each other. My female is still sort of afraid of him and he will snap at her if she gets in his space...... I've had him for about 5 months.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to our family! post pics ASAP! We can't function w/o seeing pictures hehhee!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 30 2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Noodle and Cookie still don't play together or cuddle together.  She tries, but he finds her repulsive.  The pics I have of them together are forced.  She cuddles close and then I order him to stay while I grab the camera.

But, three days ago, they did both drink out of the water dish at the same time without growling at each other.  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26300
[/QUOTE]

That's progress...lol

But really I think they're just like people, some personalities just blend better than others.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 30 2004, 11:57 AM
Welcome... yes we can discuss products, give links to useful web sites, etc.

Tell me.... how did you get your two babies to "love each other". I have a 2-1/2 year old female and almost 8 month old male (both Malts) and they play together but don't love each other. My female is still sort of afraid of him and he will snap at her if she gets in his space...... I've had him for about 5 months.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26296
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

When we first got chesley I was so worried they may not get along. We just followed everything the breeder told us to do. She spent like three hours of her time and emails as well disscussing how to groom, feed,play and introduce the puppies. I also told her what type of puppy I was looking for as Chester our yorkie is very high sprung and full of engergy. I wanted a puppy that was just the opposite clam .
Anyway when we brought her home I held her in my arms and my husband stood beside Chester in his playpen. When chelsey saw chester my goodness she let out the loadest high pitch squeek I ever heard. Then chester growed at her. That was the last argument they ever had. After that my husband picked up chester and I heled chesley and we fed them and went down stairs to the bastment were we watch tv. I would move her closer and chester would back away . Then I noticed he was just stairing at her... and then when she fell a sleep he was still stairing at her. Everytime she moved chester would run to me to tell me she is awake now.. and then run away from her when she would move.

Then my Husband and I would sit close together with them allowing them to sniff . Chelsey was happy and would run to Chester but he would run away. He only came close if she was sleeping, it was so cute. This was all in one night.
The next day I took them out on the leash outside for 20 min and let them play inside the pen for 20 min each day. At night they would sleep together as Chesey was whining all night long the first night . she would not sleep with out chester there with her. I guess it is just a personality thing. They really love each other. I have pictures of them together and I did not have to trick them to stay that way. they just like to sit and play tog of war with their toys.

Please give me tips on how to post the pictures. Your picture are so great. I just love them.

Thank you all for your wonderful greetings. :D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm welcomes to you and Chelsey and Chester
. I can see you're already taking advantage of the freedom we have here...you advertising freak! LOL I'm so kidding. We appreciate any input you have! XOXO's to you and your kids from ButterCloud and Noriko.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 31 2004, 03:07 AM
Warm welcomes to you and Chelsey and Chester
.  I can see you're already taking advantage of the freedom we have here...you advertising freak! LOL I'm so kidding.  We appreciate any input you have!  XOXO's to you and your kids from ButterCloud and Noriko.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26510
[/QUOTE]

Hi , thanks

I waited so long to tell people about these two products. I was not able to on the other forum that I joined. I don't understand having a fourum if you cannot share information that can help someone. I wish I had found these products when I had my first maltese.
She was so sweet and cute. I wish I had as much information then as I have been given now. When her teeth were falling out I thought I did something wrong :eek: , not knowing that the samethings happen to puppies just like children . I really panicked and call the vet to only find out it was natural .

If I had access to a resouce center like this and nice people to talk to .I would have known better.

I have learned so much from this site already, Thank you all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That is sooo nice. I'v been owned by Maltese for the last seven years. In that time I've done so much research my husban says; they're only 5lbs, how much could there be to learn about them? I love this site because I still learn new things about this beloved breed and everyone likes to help each other simply because they love this breed so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts