Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’ve been addicted for a very long time, but just recently joined. My malt’s name is Mister Fergie and he’s 4 years old. He was given to me when he was a year old by an owner who couldn’t take care of him. He’s originally from somewhere surrounding Boston and his name was Sir Licksalot “Slick”. I don’t know much more about where he’s from, but would love it if someone recognized his old name and knew if our dogs are related. I haven’t yet seen anything about breeders from MA.

Mister Fergie has traveled quite a lot in his short years. He was born in Boston, lived in South Florida, went to college, and currently resides in DC in a very dog friendly neighborhood (there aren’t any kids in the neighborhood, just dogs!). He goes camping ALL the time and loves car trips in his co-pilot seat when it’s not so hot out.

Currently we’re working on growing his coat long and it hasn’t been cut for over a year. (I'm jealous of someone who said that it can be grown out in 9-12 months because he still has a ways to go.) My last attempt was unsuccessful after I took a long business trip and came back to find him covered in matts!

Xoxo
Fergie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 2: Mr. Fergie (he isn't bribing anyone to have an interview with you, is he?:HistericalSmiley:) is seriously adorable. What a cutie pie looking out from those bags. It sounds like you two are having the best time with great adventures together. He obviously was meant to be your Maltese. :) So glad you've joined us. I can't believe you're growing his coat out with all the activities you do. Wow! Please take more pix of that cutie pie!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awwwww! total cutie...welcome to SM i too i'm new and i love it here i dont have my malt yet but i'm learning sooooooooooooo much... the people here are so great...WELCOME:)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Welcome to SM! Love the pic of Mr. Fergie. IS that a Vera Bradley carrier? So cute!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Welcome to SM!
Mr.Fergie is quite cute :D looking forward to seeing more pictures of him!!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:chili: WELCOME TO SM!! :chili:

Growing coat can be very challenging. A lot depends on genetics and the rest with the kind of product you are using and how you handle the coat.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
:Welcome 2: Hi! Mr. Fergie is a cutie potootie! So glad you are here. I'd love to grow out Rocky's coat a little more, but I'm going away in August for ten days and I know my husband couldn't handle the matting. In fact, he's never brushed him...so I'm positive it's best right now to keep Rocky's coat shorter, LOL! He will learn to brush him before I leave though!

Sounds like you have a pretty busy life...it's so nice that we can take our fluffs with us when we can! WELCOME AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd love to meet up with other Malts! Fergie isn't such a fan of dog parks, but he loves little dogs (especially white ones, we joke that they must look more like his mom and siblings to him). I love this forum and can’t believe I don’t see more Maltese. I'm constantly being asked what kind of dog he is (Shih Tzu? Bichon?) and everyone always asks why his hair is in a pony (because it’s in his eyes otherwise!).

Yes his coat is difficult! It's more fluffy than silky. It's pretty long, but it probably has 3" to go before it reaches the floor. Last May, however, he was completely shaven, so he started off at square one. He looks shorter in the photos than he is because I cut his head into a bob length.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to SM! Love the pic of Mr. Fergie. IS that a Vera Bradley carrier? So cute!
Lol yes it's a Vera Bradley. It fits best on the airplanes, although he gets really hot in it. I cropped this picture and it looks more like a Vera ad, but there originally were other suitcases too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts