Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I have been a silent peruser for quite a while and decided that it was finally time to jump in and get my feet wet. I've truly enjoyed reading all the forum posts and I have learned so much from everyone!!!!!

My name is Heather and my family and I live in southeastern NC. I have been interested in Maltese for quite some time now and I have done lots of research and web surfing relating to Maltese.

We just fostered a rescued maltese and he went to his new forever home today! We couldn't keep him because he was fearful around males. My husband was scared that he was going to lose a toe or two to this tiny dynamo! The Maltese was so sweet, but he had been abused by a male figure in his past and reacted out of fear, not malice.

We are so excited for him to go to his new home, but we miss him terribly already. My two sons cried for an hour after the Maltese left us--I have to admit that I shed a tear or two myself.

We definitely want & need a Maltese to call our very own and to add to our family. We are looking for a Maltese to be in our home forever--can you make any suggestions?
We're located in southeastern NC.

Thanks,
Heather

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hello to you, and welcome to SM!
Glad you decided to "speak up" and join the fun! I can't help you with breeders in your area, but I'm sure we have members who can.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
from me and the kids.
I'm not sure where to look in S. C. , but if you are patient and persevere the perfect baby will find his or her way into your home and hearts.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome. I hope that we can help you. So glad you found us.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
welcome to sm~!!
i hope you find the perfect puppy. maybe someone from your area can reccommend a breeder to you
good luck + keep us updated

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm Welcomes! I hope you find the perfect baby!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am also in North Carolina (Raleigh). I moved here from New York 10 years ago.

There is one good breeder that I know of here, Silkess Maltese. It is in the Greensboro area. I believe Quincy and Jonah's mom got her boys from Cindy. Hopefully she will jump in here.

http://community-2.webtv.net/SilkessMaltes...TESE/index.html

Since you fostered a Maltese, would you consider adopting a rescue? Northcentral Maltese is very strong in NC and has has a couple of great fosters here. If you're interested, I'd fill out an adoption application and start the process so when the perfcet one comes along, you'll be ready!

http://malteserescue.homestead.com/

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hello and WELCOME!!

-c

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome!

I would recommend starting with the American Maltese Association's breeder list.

I don't see any in North Carolina, but there are spme in Virgina, Tennesse, & South Carolina.

White, Shirley
Shirlin Maltese
PetiteMalteses @ msn.com (take out the spaces)
213 Old York Hampton Rd.
Yorktown, VA 23692
757-898-5778

Dunlap, Jerre
jdunlap @ bellsouth.net (take out the spaces)
Wynsom Maltese
Tullahoma, TN
931-454-0533

Gitto, Loretta
Tiffanee Maltese
Striperman16 @ bellsouth.net (take out the spaces)
608 Lakemont Ct
Chapin, SC
803-345-8034

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, Quincy came from Cindy at Silkess Maltese. She was wonderful, and I have the best puppy in the world, he is 1 1/2 now, was mostly potty trained when I got him at 12 weeks, very outgoing and social, and we adore him. She gave him an excellent start in life. I got Jonas from Nedra at Villa Marsesca Maltese, (located in Oregon), and the same goes for him. I would get another pup from either of these two ladies in a heartbeat.
I also want to add that my first Maltese, Oliver, I got from a home breeder, and he too was just as wonderful as my two current boys are. But even though I paid literally hundreds and hundreds more for Quincy and Jonas, I will never buy again from a home or back yard breeder. Oliver had multiple, ongoing health problems almost his entire life and it was the worst heartbreak I have ever been through. He literally cost thousands more than my two well bred boys from show breeders, (and they also look like Maltese!). It is worth the peace of mind knowing where my little ones came from, their history, and the reasonable assurance that they will remain healthy throughout their lives.
Quincymom
PS I know illness can happen in any animal at any time, I just wanted the assurance that it wasn't bred into them carelessly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi where abouts in NC are you? Last October I sailed from Ottawa to Florida and stopped in Oriental, NC. It's a great town, oh so was Charlston, SC... super nice people. I wish you luck with getting a pup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi! I live in southeastern NC in Columbus County. We are only 30 minutes from brunswick County Beaches and Myrtle Beach, SC. Its a GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!

Originally posted by Jolie@May 20 2005, 12:57 PM
Hi where abouts in NC are you? Last October I sailed from Ottawa to Florida and stopped in Oriental, NC. It's a great town, oh so was Charlston, SC... super nice people.  I wish you luck with getting a pup.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63795
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I live in southeastern NC--only 30 minutes from Brunswick County beaches and Myrtle Beach
, SC. We were in Raleigh last Saturday b/c my brother graduate from NCSU with a degree in industrial engineering!
We are so proud of him. We also have a favorite restaurant in Raleigh--Its called Bali Hai (Chinese & Mongolian--its simply delicious!!!!!)--its near a cadillac dealership and the old coca-cola plant. If you're interested in trying it our, I can give you directions!
Thanks

Originally posted by LadysMom@May 18 2005, 08:46 AM
I am also in North Carolina (Raleigh). I moved here from New York 10 years ago.

There is one good breeder that I know of here, Silkess Maltese. It is in the Greensboro area. I believe Quincy and Jonah's mom got her boys from Cindy. Hopefully she will jump in here.

http://community-2.webtv.net/SilkessMaltes...TESE/index.html

Since you fostered a Maltese, would you consider adopting a rescue? Northcentral Maltese is very strong in NC and has has a couple of great fosters here. If you're interested, I'd fill out an adoption application and start the process so when the perfcet one comes along, you'll be ready!

http://malteserescue.homestead.com/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=63131
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have been looking for a puppy too. I THINK I have found one in Virginia. There is a Maltese breeder in Wilson N.C. Her mother has a site on the web and lives in Pa. She gave me the address. I believe her address is [email protected] her name is Pam. You might want to try her.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww.. that was a really sweet story.
I love to hear about rescues being helped. I hope you find yourself a wonderful bundle of joy ASAP! Let us know when you get your OWN baby!

PS- WELCOME to SM!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts