Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined this site and new first time owner of a Maltese
Would love to insert a pic of him with my signature, but obviously doing something really wrong. Went to my controls attempted to upload a pic, but nothing happened
Pleas help and I'm SOOOOO excited about finding this site!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
To post a picture in your avatar (thing on the left of message) click on My Controls at the top. Then click on Edit Avatar Settings on the left about 2/3 down the page. The picture needs to be around 10KB. If the picture is on the internet you can put the link (must end in .jpg) in the URL textbox. If it is on your computer click on the browse button and browse to it. Click on Update Avatar. It sometimes takes a few minutes for it to update. If it doesn't show up try hitting F5 or logging out of the website and then logging back in.

You can put pictures in your gallary by going to My Controls and clicking on Your Albums and then creating a new gallery. Click on Upload Pictures to add you pictures.

To post a picture in a post the picture must be on the internet. Right click on the image and select Copy Image Location (must end in .jpg). Then in the post click on IMG and paste in your location.

hope this makes sense

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the help. I tried to upload from my computer. Should the picture show up automatically? It looks like it's trying to upload but I don't see anything. Tried to go to browse, then the picture i want then I hit upload. Does it take a long time?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
r u trying to put it in ur avatar or in ur post? it shouldnt take too long...perhaps the file is too large? do u know how big it is?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
After you think it has gone through, do a hard refresh on your computer so you can see if it is there. (CTRL F5)

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I see your cute photo! Welcome to SM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much to Ladymontava and Parker for showing me how to do my signature and pic. You Are THE BEST
:D
Love Juli and
Falcon's Busy Boy

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
np anytime :D

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WARM WELCOMES TO YOU AND FALCON! I love his pictures. He is soooo fluffy!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a cutie!!!!! So glad I came back to read and saw his pictures now!!! Such a sweet little fluffy thing!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts