Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

It's a pleasure to be a new member on this fantastic forum. Three cheers for open communication, freedom of expression, links, email and a friendly, respectful administrator. Thanks, Joe!

I recognize many of you from another place and see that we are gathering here. I was wondering where all the interesting posters went

Sylphide and I are looking forward to conversations with you all.

Best Wishes,

--N and S

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome to you both!! I remember that darling photo you had of Sylphide! BTW there is a Gallery on this site where you can post lots of photos.... and look at other babies' photos....

So glad to have you as a member.... I've missed your always-interesting posts! Be sure and tell everyone about Sylphide... age, how you decided on her name, etc.!! We love hearing about it all!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm Welcomes to you and Sylphide

We love new folks here
. XOXOXOXOXO's for you and Sylphide from ButterCloud and Noriko

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I see you found the Gallery... great!! I don't recall your having two Malts... did you get another one or does someone else own her sister?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome, Kallie/Catcher's Mom and Buttercloud and Noriko!

Sylphide was born August 28, 2003 and is now just over 15 months old.

My husband and I are both dancers (although I am now retired from performance and direction), with my husband being a former professional classical ballet dancer and now a ballet master.

Sylphide (pronounced Silfeed) comes from two romantic ballets. The Sylphide is a mythical winged creature of the air. Ballerinas dancing the part of the Sylphide always wear fluffy, delicate white tutus. We felt this would be very appropriate for a lovely little Maltese.

We live in a ballet town (New York City ballet has their summer season here)…so a lot of people get the connection when they hear her name, although many think we are saying Sophie.

This summer while visiting Mexico City, we met a fellow Maltese lover smuggling her furbabies into the movie theater under a receiving blanket. She, too, had furbabies with ballet names: Nureyev and Fonteyn. She turned to her husband and exclaimed: "See, I'm not the only nut around!" :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 6 2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Kallie/Catcher's Mom and Buttercloud and Noriko!

Sylphide was born August 28, 2003 and is now just over 15 months old. 

My husband and I are both dancers (although I am now retired from performance and direction), with my husband being a former professional classical ballet dancer and now a ballet master.

Sylphide (pronounced Silfeed) comes from two romantic ballets. The Sylphide is a mythical winged creature of the air.  Ballerinas dancing the part of the Sylphide always wear fluffy, delicate white tutus.  We felt this would be very appropriate for a lovely little Maltese. 

We live in a ballet town (New York City ballet has their summer season here)…so a lot of people get the connection when they hear her name, although many think we are saying Sophie.

This summer while visiting Mexico City, we met a fellow Maltese lover smuggling her furbabies into the movie theater under a receiving blanket.  She, too, had furbabies with ballet names:  Nureyev and Fonteyn.  She turned to her husband and exclaimed:  "See, I'm not the only nut around!"  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20651
[/QUOTE]
Hi, I didn't realize you were a former ballerina! I love the ballet... took lessons most of my childhood and then again in High School and again in my early 20s. Saw Nureyev on stage in NYC in the early 70s... what a thrill......

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to SM, glad you found us

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 6 2004, 09:22 PM
Hi, I didn't realize you were a former ballerina!  I love the ballet... took lessons most of my childhood and then again in High School and again in my early 20s. Saw Nureyev on stage in NYC in the early 70s... what a thrill......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20653
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm not a ballerina--My husband is the ballet dancer in the family. I do love ballet, though.

I specialize in non-western traditions, mainly Tahitian and Mexican Folkloric Traditions, but also world dance in general (and dance anthropology). I have studied and teach western dance history and theory, etc., but always performed, choreographed, and directed multicultural performances.

Oh, and I don't have Sylphide's sister (I wish I did -- I want another Malt!). That photo was taken when Sylphide was still with her litter, about a week or so before she came home with us.

I'm still looking for the really cute photo of Sylphide that you mentioned, the one I took when she was 16 weeks old, with her first bow. It might be stored on my work computer...

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom+Dec 6 2004, 08:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Dec 6 2004, 09:22 PM
Hi, I didn't realize you were a former ballerina!  I love the ballet... took lessons most of my childhood and then again in High School and again in my early 20s. Saw Nureyev on stage in NYC in the early 70s... what a thrill......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20653
Actually, I'm not a ballerina--My husband is the ballet dancer in the family. I do love ballet, though.

I specialize in non-western traditions, mainly Tahitian and Mexican Folkloric Traditions, but also world dance in general (and dance anthropology). I have studied and teach western dance history and theory, etc., but always performed, choreographed, and directed multicultural performances.

Oh, and I don't have Sylphide's sister (I wish I did -- I want another Malt!). That photo was taken when Sylphide was still with her litter, about a week or so before she came home with us.

I'm still looking for the really cute photo of Sylphide that you mentioned, the one I took when she was 16 weeks old, with her first bow. It might be stored on my work computer...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20658
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ah....your dance background is fascinating!

Yes, that photo was one of the best ever... you gotta find it!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome. Sylphide is so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 6 2004, 09:30 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20659
[/QUOTE]

Your little ones sure are precious. How are you enjoying having two furbabies?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by mee@Dec 6 2004, 09:10 PM
WELCOME !!!

i saw all ur photos of your baby in the gallery and she is such a pretty girl !!!

u must be so proud of her ~~!!~

we want more photos !!!!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20648
[/QUOTE]

Sylphide says, "aaw, shucks, thanks, Mee". I'm going to have some catching up to do to get some photos as cute as yours. Jong-ee's a keeper

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 6 2004, 09:20 PM
ADORABLE!!  i saw the pics. i loved them. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20652
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Doctor Cathy...I remember you from "that other place"...you were such a fun, frequent poster. I wondered where you went
So glad to see you here.

Do you have two Malts now?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom+Dec 6 2004, 08:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Dec 6 2004, 09:30 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20659
Your little ones sure are precious. How are you enjoying having two furbabies?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20664
[/B][/QUOTE]

I love having two...... Everything each one does is twice as cute when both do it at the same time.... And their personalities are very different from each other's and that makes it especially fun...... and I enjoy have both a girl and a boy.... I'm in Maltese heaven!! :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Dec 6 2004, 08:41 PM
Sylphide says, "aaw, shucks, thanks, Mee".  I'm going to have some catching up to do to get some photos as cute as yours.  Jong-ee's a keeper 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20665
[/QUOTE]

its really really hard to get a good photo tho...i take about 80 photos and it turns out that only about 3-5 photos are good ones...jong-ee HATES MY camera....she always looks away and move

but then she never does that to my friends camera

shes such a werido..

u better find that cute bow photo of Sylphide~

1 - 20 of 40 Posts