Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post, although I joined on December 5th. My furbaby was born on November 6th, and he is still with the breeder for one more week. We pick him up a week from today, and we are SO excited.... not sure how we will survive the remaining 6 days!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and say thank you all the excellent information I've learned from this board. You are all so knowledgeable, friendly, warm, generous and supportive. You've made me a better furmom already! Thanks all!

Carol Ann

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to SM!!! how exciting for u. cant wait to see pics of ur new furbaby!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome. Have you picked out a name yet? The waiting really is hard, isn't it?

You live in a beautiful part of the country. We were there for one year while my husband did a cosmetic surgery fellowship in Seattle. We lived in Bellevue. We loved it out there! It was just too far from home.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm welcomes to you and your new baby. Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your furbaby!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Carol Ann,
We are so happy and excited for you.I got my furbaby (Rudy) in October and he has changed our lives forever.We jsut adore him and I know you will feel the same about yours.Will be looking forward to hearing from you!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!
The waiting is definitely the worst!!! Good luck and post pictures soon!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your warm welcome, all! I've been waiting since mid-November for him, and you're right...waiting is terribly difficult. I've had to be content with reading this forum and shopping for things he will need. Next Saturday had better come soon so I can stop this mission-focused shopping spree!

msmagnolia - I am a transplant to this area from NJ, 14 miles outside Manhattan, and no way could I ever leave it now. It's so amazingly beautiful here! As for the name for our baby - well, I'm almost afraid to say it here. It came about very innocently, but I'm sure you will all think I'm awful for giving it to him.

2happymalts - Yup, we are neighbors! I live in DuPont (our breeder lives in Federal Way, so we won't have far to go to pick him up). It's good to have someone from this board live so close by!

Again, you all have made me feel very welcome, and I'm glad to be here and part of this wonderful community! Thank you.

Carol Ann

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome Carol Ann. I know the waiting is soooo hard. When I was waiting for Lacey the time went by so slow. Now that she is here, time is just flying by. She has been a wonderful little dog and I don't know what I did before her. I am sure if you asked my cats they would tell you she is just horrible!! I did the same as you are doing while waiting...I shopped. Lacey has been home with me now since the end of May and she still has things I haven't given to her yet.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So grateful for the warm welcome from all of you and your gorgeous furbabies! Not sure HOW I am gonna get through the next 5 days (although buying stuff for our puppy does seem to ease the pain some
).

Ok, if you promise you won't think I'm horrible, I'll tell you how our furbaby got his name: We put our deposit down with the breeder when he (puppy, not breeder) was 2 weeks old. Seemed forever until we would get him. My husband, a linebacker-shaped man who never envisioned himself with a "barking cat" kept asking, "So, when are we getting this beast?" It was always said affectionately, since my husband loves animals. It was also said with irony, given the size our our chosen puppy. He asked it so much that the name eventually got shortened to "Beastie". "Where's Beastie???"

Oddly enough, we came to think of this little boy as Beastie. Beastie has been part of our lives since the day we sent in our deposit. When folks ask what we're going to name him, and then actually hear the name, I almost laugh when I see their faces.
Later, after thinking about it some, they invariably come back and tell me that the name has grown on them and they like it. No matter; Beastie it is, and we love him to pieces already!!

I'm really happy to be a part of this group!

Carol Ann

1 - 20 of 37 Posts