Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted a breeder. I have a crate, I have ordered a Dalmation Snuggle Puppy, I have a Lookout Car Seat, a carrier, puppy pads, grooming supplies, a harness and leash, chew toys, and treats. All I need now is to hear from the breeder to get my female puppy. Her name is Bijou and I can't wait to go pick her up at any time now.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
WOO HOO!!!! Another Tennnesee person!

What part of Tennessee are you from?

Where did you find your puppy?

I love the name "Bijou"- (I am pronouncing it Bee-joo...but with a softer "sh" like "j"
Is that right?) Where did you come up with it?
How long do you have to wait for her?
How old will she be?

I know you must be excited!
:D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Bijousmom@May 30 2005, 12:38 PM
I have contacted a breeder.  I have a crate, I have ordered a Dalmation Snuggle Puppy, I have a Lookout Car Seat, a carrier, puppy pads, grooming supplies, a harness and leash, chew toys, and treats.  All I need now is to hear from the breeder to get my female puppy.  Her name is Bijou and I can't wait to go pick her up at any time now.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66886
[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard from the breeder since May 14th when she said that she was going out of town and would be gone for a week and she will contact me as soon as she gets back.

Kallie and Catcher's mom, I also graduated with my masters degree from UT/K, my undergraduate degree was from my hometown, Cookeville, Tennessee Technological University.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom+May 30 2005, 01:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bijousmom
@May 30 2005, 12:38 PM
I have contacted a breeder.  I have a crate, I have ordered a Dalmation Snuggle Puppy, I have a Lookout Car Seat, a carrier, puppy pads, grooming supplies, a harness and leash, chew toys, and treats.  All I need now is to hear from the breeder to get my female puppy.  Her name is Bijou and I can't wait to go pick her up at any time now.

I haven't heard from the breeder since May 14th when she said that she was going out of town and would be gone for a week and she will contact me as soon as she gets back.

Kallie and Catcher's mom, I also graduated with my masters degree from UT/K, my undergraduate degree was from my hometown, Cookeville, Tennessee Technological University.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66893
[/B][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the list. I'm not from Tennessee, but I visit there often as my best friend lives just outside Nashville.
Keep us updated on your little one. Hope you enjoy this list as much as a lot of us on here do.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom+May 30 2005, 02:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bijousmom
@May 30 2005, 12:38 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66893
[/B][/QUOTE]

Allll riiiiight... another Vol!! Great!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The breeder said that she has Maltese Puppies from 8 weeks to 18 weeks and that was May 14th. My daughter came up with the name Bijou and when I read the definition in the dictionary I decided that it would be perfect. It says that it is a small dainty usually ornamental piece of delicate workmanship: jewel. Something delicate, elegant, or highly prized. I am too excited
I would appreciate all the advice that you can give.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom@May 30 2005, 02:38 PM
The breeder said that she has Maltese Puppies from 8 weeks to 18 weeks and that was May 14th.  My daughter came up with the name Bijou and when I read the definition in the dictionary I decided that it would be perfect. It says that it is a small dainty usually ornamental piece of delicate workmanship:  jewel.  Something delicate, elegant, or highly prized.  I am too excited

I would appreciate all the advice that you can give.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66908
[/QUOTE]

Hi, the one best piece of advice I can give is to wait until she is 12 weeks' old before bringing her home.... or at the very least 10.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Your breeder must have some well trusted help. I could never leave my babies in the hands of someone else, (although I am a little nurotic when it comes to my little ones) She's very fortunate to have that much confidience in someone. I plan my vacations around my pups.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm welcomes from another Tennessean!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@May 30 2005, 02:43 PM
Your breeder must have some well trusted help. I could never leave my babies in the hands of someone else, (although I am a little nurotic when it comes to my little ones) She's very fortunate to have that much confidience in someone. I plan my vacations around my pups.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66934
[/QUOTE]
She left them in the hands of her son, so I'm sure that they were well taken care of during this time. She said that she has been raising, showing, and breeding Maltese for 38 years.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Bijousmom+May 30 2005, 06:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-adorableaccentsdogbows.com
@May 30 2005, 02:43 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66934
She left them in the hands of her son, so I'm sure that they were well taken care of during this time. She said that she has been raising, showing, and breeding Maltese for 38 years.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66970
[/B][/QUOTE]
I'm sure she tought her son everything she knows. It must be a great help to her.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi and welcome to SM, you'll find lots of information here as well as lots of friends!! Can't wait to see pictures of Bijou!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts