Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Christina and I have a spoiled Maltese!
I am a new mom to a 9 month old Maltese named Rex! He is a handful, but we love him! We have had him almost a month and he has already brought so much joy to our life. He's a doll! He is very playful and loves the kids. I will try and figure out to post his picture later. We are trying to potty train him to go in a box, and that is becoming quite a challenge, which is what led me to this message board for help. He seems to want to go everywhere but in the right place, we have tried potty training spray and rewards with no luck. Anyway I can't believe there are so many of you Maltese owners that are as crazy about your babies as I am! I am a busy mom, so I dont know how often I will be able to check the board, but I look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

glad you found us

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
So glad you could join us, we would love to see a picture of you litte Rex. Don't give up, I am sure he will eventually get the idea of using the box as there are many success stories in here.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! How quick you all respond! I have lurked around here for almost a month. As soon as I found out we were getting a new family member, I immediately started doing internet searches for maltese and this was where it led me! I have already learned a lot just reading all of your posts! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Welcome to you and Rex!!
He looks so handsome! You'll have to tell us about him!

You'll probably check in more often than you think! This place is addicting!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Hi and
!!

-c

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WARM WELCOMES!

He's 9 months and not potty trained? Or are you training him differently and he's having issues with that? Hehe, just wondering. I hope you enjoy our family! We can be quite disfunctional at times!.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jun 13 2005, 10:28 AM
WARM WELCOMES!

He's 9 months and not potty trained?  Or are you training him differently and he's having issues with that? Hehe, just wondering.  I hope you enjoy our family!  We can be quite disfunctional at times!. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72120
[/QUOTE]

Well, he has a long story. The breeder kept him in a cage all day where he peed and all until he was 7 months old, then my mother in law got him for my daughter and housebroke him to go out of a doggy door into a fenced in dog pen, he spent a lot of time getting filthy outside. It wasnt until a month later that we were able to go up to PA and get him. THEN....we got him at 8 months and we wanted to keep him as a total indoor pet, to start while we waited for the sliding glass doggy door we ordered to come in, I took him to the side yard on a leash to do his thing. He had just caught onto running to the door and back and forth for us to take him out, when the rules changed again, NOW out a doggy door, onto a screened in patio, into a box with grass. He is taking a while to get the hang of this. Usually he goes on the patio, not in the box, but it is a start. We have only been working on this a little over a week. My mother in law believes that in training him to go into a box on a patio it is the same as training him to go inside on the floor.
I disagree and told her that many of the people on the message board I go to are successful at it. She and I seem to be bumping heads a lot of the raising of my baby. Boy, I hope she doesnt find this message board!!! :new_Eyecrazy:

Anyway I am having a great time on this board and find myself running here every chance I get! Am I crazy? I think I am getting addicted. Oh my baby woke up with goo in his eye and it doesnt open all the way. I cleaned it out and put some ointment in it. He goes to the vet tomorrow morning to recheck for his ear mites and get his corona vaccine, so I will have her check it then. He doesnt seem to have anything in it or a scratch or anything. He is tired today. Anyway I need to pry myself away from this message board for a bit. I think I will work on my scrapbook, Karen Foster (scrapbooking company for those of you who arent into scrappin) has awesome doggy scrapbooking stuff! This will be Rex's first time scrappin with me!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
WELCOME to SM!
Here is a thread about trainning on a puppy pad... its not exactly your problem... but maybe you can get something out of the thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts