Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! My name is Brooke and I just got my baby maltese this weekend. Her name is Maya Bella, she will be 4 months on the 24th and weighs 1.7 pounds. She has been the same weight for 4 weeks? I love her and I am so glad that I decided to invest in this breed! I am from Tucson, Az and have 2 yorkies also. Rocky who is 10 lbs and Haley who is 3 lbs. THey are all the love of my life, and I have to say their is something special about the maltese
Here is a link to some pictures of her if you want to take a look. I look forward to sharing with everyone!

http://www.yorkiesdirect.com/forum/photos/...asp?albumid=615

http://www.yorkiesdirect.com/forum/photos/...asp?albumid=615

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi Brooke! Welcome to you, Maya Bella, Rocky and Haley!

Cute pictures.... the "furless" baby is cute also
:excl:

Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Welcome!

I can't see your pictures right now...but I will try again later.. :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 18 2004, 08:46 PM
Welcome!

I can't see your pictures right now...but I will try again later.. :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12489
[/QUOTE]

Yeah unfortunately the site that they are at is down
Hopefully it will be back up soon though! Does anyone know how big you think Maya will be? The vet said that she will be small bc she has a small frame but Im thinking with all the love food and attention that she will grow a lot
She is almost 2 pounds and has been that for 4 weeks so Im not sure if she is done growing or if she has a lot of growing to do
When did your stops growing? My yorkie is 3 pounds so i know the maintenance of a tiny dog and it would be cute if they were the same size. Rocky is 10 pounds and I love every bit of him!! :D so it really doesnt matter but I was just curious. Also I want to start ordering some clothes for her for winter but I think I should wait until I know how big she will be. When she gets spayed she will probably gain a little, atleast Haley did

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm welcomes to you and all your little ones
. I love yorkies. I can't wait to see pictures. Did you say Maya's 1.7 lbs at 4 mos? That is teeny tiny. I don't know how much she'll grow, but my Noriko was 1.3 lbs at 9 WEEKS. She's about 10 mos and I think 4 lbs or more.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by mee@Oct 18 2004, 10:58 PM
WELCOME !

ur baby is so cute !
my baby was about 3.5 pounds when she was 4 months old..ur baby is so small ~ cute ! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12497
[/QUOTE]

All of your babies are beautiful! Mee, I just want to pick your up out of the screen and play with her lol
Well here is the story, like I said we had 2 yorkies, both are about a year and 1/2...well Saturday we went to a breeder's house to look at and consider getting another yorkie for haley and Rocky to play with.. Well this guy didnt know very much and they werent registered, were eating adult puppy chow, and no health gaurantee so you know the drill we were very nice and played with the pups but didnt want to risk taking one home. Plus they didnt melt our hearts like the others did even though all puppies are irresistable. So anyways on the way home I tell my bf to go by the petstore (I know petstore :wacko: ) because I wanted to see what they had and I like to pet them and give them love to get them out of that cage since they have been stuck in their. So I walked in and I saw this baby maltese in the window. My heart dropped and I completely melted. Well she was small and very cute so I wanted to walk out because I knew that petstore prices were outrageous and I was against shopping at a pet store aka puppy mill....Well they brought her out to me and she just would NOT let go. Her little long cute tail was going crazy and when I tried to put her down she came right back up to me so I wouldnt let her go. So I decided to ask how much she was thinking they would say $4000 or so and then I would have to leave. Well, it turns out that she was $2200 but "on sale" (I know ridiculous) for $1800. Well basically I debated it for a while with Mike and eventually negotiated $1300 and now she is ours. She had been their for 4 weeks for some reason and I just didnt have the heart to put her back in that cage for the weekend. I knew I could give her the best home and that my little yorkie Haley would love to have a little sister. I feel ashamed from buying from a petstore but she is healthy so far and happy as can be so thats all I can ask for. I have to say that I never thought I would actually buy anything other than a yorkie but now that we bought mayah their is definitely something special about this breed. Mayah is exceptionally sweet and loving and such a cuddle bug! I love her to bits and we bonded instantly! The Pet store was giving her science diet ADULT?? for sensitive skin and they told me that she couldnt smell her food bc she had a cold...well the vet said she doesnt have sensitive skin so I gave her chcken soup for the pet lovers soul (what I feed my others) and she gobbled it right down! So they definitely were wrong
I think she has put on some meat since she has been here which is good so I would say she is 2 pounds now!! YAY!! at 16 weeks and 4 days...I dont know how big she will be but the vet said that she will be small. Rocky still grew up until a year and Haley got a little bigger after she got spayed so maybe Maya will be 4 pounds? Who knows, it looks like you can never tell and I find it suspicious that her weight has been the same for the past 4.5 weeks (they track their temp, eating schedule and weight the whole time their puppies are their)...anyways sorry so long but I look forward to sharing everything with you guys! There is a link to pics of her and Rocky and haley at the bottom of my original post!! Thanks for the warm welcome

Brooke

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p.s.- your avatar pics are so cute! All of your dogs are really precious! Nichole to answer your question lol Maya is from a breeder in KY, she is registered and stuff. Have you guys heard of Janet jackson with high steppin yorkies? Well our haley is a high steppin yorkie....where in Arizona did you get yours nichole?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hello again, Brooke! I can see her pictures now. She's so precious. I hope you don't mind me asking, but, is what's on her face dirt or tear staining? If it's tear staining, that's probably why people were discouraged from buying her. And way to go on your bargaining, hehe. I can't believe how high they jack up the prices at pet stores.

I actually got ButterCloud in KY, too! I got him from a breeder. They lived in the boonies.

Take care!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Oct 19 2004, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the site.  I'm glad you got Maya, that poor little thing in there for 4 weeks.  Bella is 4-1/2 weeks and she weighs about 3.5lbs.  The vet doesn't think she'll grow much but you just never know!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12506
[/QUOTE]

Is that right? Bella's 3.5 lbs at 4 wks or 4 months?
Either way, she's going to still grow some more.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome! Maya Bella is very cute! It could be that she wasn't growing because they were feeding her the adult food. Hmm? Lexi didn't stop growing until she was 7-8 months old. She was 2.5 lbs at 12 weeks and is now 6.8 lbs at almost 9 months.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Oct 19 2004, 06:58 AM
Aww she is adorable!  Congratulations on getting new Maya, and welcome to this site! :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12531
[/QUOTE]

That is tear stains on her eyes. They didnt take care of them AT ALL! I got her Saturday and my groomer squeezed her in yesterday and cut a lot of the tear stains off, some of them will just have to grow out bc they were their for so long
poor baby....She was also all matted, i had never seen anything like it. I got a lot of them out but had the groomer do the rest...I think she also got some nutro wet puppy food at the pet store. Who knows, she sure has little paws and a little frame though just like Haley. Rocky at that age was already big

1 - 20 of 41 Posts