Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm new to the forum. I am a mom of two beautiful daughters and wonderful husband. I teach 4th grade and love children. I also love dogs.

As a child, we always had a dog or dogs but since having children of my own, I didn't feel I was ready to give a dog the love and attention he/she needed and waited until the right time. It finally became the right time.

My neighbor recently purchased a male Maltese and I feel in love with him the moment I met him as well as the rest of my family. Funny thing is my girls have never been very "fond" of dogs but they adore "Lucky", the neighbor's dog. So after many conversations with my husband and researching the Maltese breed, we decided to call our neighbor's breeder to see if Lucky's brother was still available. Well he wasn't and our hearts were broken. However, the breeder was going to be having another litter so we kept our hopes up.

The mommy did have another litter and she had 3 girls. The breeder said she was going to keep one for sure bec. both her females are already champions and she needs to start working on a new one. That means that my family will finally have our dog. We are so excited. We finally got to go and see her for the first time on Saturday. She is now 9 weeks old and has received her first set of shots so it was safe. Never new seeing a new puppy was so restricted. LOL Anyway the other exciting part is my mom is going to get the sister.

We are hoping to be able to have our new baby sometime in late November. We have named her "Skittle". My 10 year old daughter loves Skittles candy and named her.

Sorry for the book. I'm looking forward to learning even more about my precious pooch from all the knowledgeable people here.

Not sure if I'm doing the picture right but I'll try.

·
Registered
563 Posts
adorable, welcome to Spoiled Maltese!! I love the name Skittles too, hope time passes quickley so you can start enjoying her!!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Skittles is adorable. Welcome to Spoiled Maltese. I hope that you will enjoy our group which is full of wonderful and very knowledgable friends.

I bet that you and your family can't wait until you can actually pick Skittles up and take her home.

Very cool that you mom is getting her littermate. :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
welcome , lisa and allison too , love both ur pups adorable , welcome to SM!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 4: How cute is that little Skittle? :wub::wub: Talk about puppy love - that little doll looks amazing. Happy you've found us. There's lots to learn about Maltese here. I grew up with dogs, and small ones at that (Chi/Yorkie) but times are different and Malts need special care. This forum was a godsend to me with Tyler and still is. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Adorable

Hi:

Welcome to both you and Skittles. She is lovely!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
:Welcome 4: Congratulations on Skittles!!! That's one cute pup. I can't wait for you to bring her home, your going to just love her. I'm also looking forward to seeing more pictures.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Hi and welcome!!! It's nice to meet you....what a cute puppy!! Oh my!!! She's a real beauty. And I love the name Skittles. I'm thinking November is going to be a very long month for you and your family.....

Have you started getting "stuff" for the new baby yet?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome!! :Welcome 4:

Skittle is really, really cute!!!! Congratulations and I know you will love having a Maltese in your life!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh she is a doll!! you will love owning a maltese - so will your kids! How old are they?

They are about 9 weeks. Born August 26th. Mine is currently 2 lb 6 oz and my mom has the smaller sister who is 1 lb 8 oz right now. Waiting for them to get bigger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts