Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, :D
This is my first time here and i wanted to start by saying that this is the greatest forum! I've learned so much.... I also wanted to let you guys know that my beautiful girl is coming home on Thanksgiving weekend
She is the sweetest lil girl

i'll keep you posted!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HELLO! Warm welcomes to you and your baby! She's coming on Thanksgiving weekened? You are SOOOO gonna have your hands full! Have fun!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to SM! Can't wait to hear about the homecoming.

Have you chosen a name for your little girl yet?

Judi

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey there and welcome. It's really hard to wait! Hope the time just zips by till the big day.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by rrtcookie@Nov 1 2004, 10:39 PM
Hello everyone, :D
This is my first time here and i wanted to start by saying that this is the greatest forum! I've learned so much.... I also wanted to let you guys know that my beautiful girl is coming home on Thanksgiving weekend
  She is the sweetest lil girl

i'll keep you posted!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14400
[/QUOTE]
We're getting ours Thanksgiving weekend too....what's your pup's birthday?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Congrats on the new furbaby and welcome to SM! Have you picked out a name for you new furbaby? I would love to see a picture of her.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the warm welcome
Her name is Abby and she will be 10 weeks on Nov 27th.!! The wait is the worst, I'm counting the days.
Please feel free to send me any suggestions!!!
:D
P.S. I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by rrtcookie@Nov 2 2004, 12:51 PM
Her name is Abby and she will be 10 weeks on Nov 27th.!! The wait is the worst, I'm counting the days.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14480
[/QUOTE]

GREAT NAME CHOICE

My baby is Abby too!!!

The best advice I can give you is ORGANISE ORGANISE ORGANISE
- make sure you have everything you need, it is all set up, the house is tidy and you've got all your tasks for that weekend out of the way so you have some quality free time to spend with her! The rest seems to just fall in place - and if it doesn't then you can come to us!!!

Oh and I'd do up a timetable for her feeding etc along with, if you have family or even for yourself, a set of rules. The most important thing is that your pup understands what is and isn't acceptable from day one. By that I mean, if you don't want her on the couches when she gets older, then don't let her on there in the beginning, don't pick her up and sit her on the couch cuddling her etc (VERY HARD NOT TO DO
). If she isn't allowed in the study, then deter her from there in the first place by putting a little door bracket up and diverting her attention if she goes that way... that sort of thing. Little things like that will make a difference.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great minds think alike LOL, Thank you very much!! i actually took a WHOLE week off work to be with her
That's how crazy i am about her
after that we leave to work at 8:00am and return by 5:00pm, my mother-in-law is going to check on her a couple of times a day, do you guys think she is going to be ok?
To be honest i'm kind of nervous about the new baby
She is my first puppy in many years....
Thanks again

Originally posted by Sunshine+Nov 2 2004, 06:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rrtcookie
@Nov 2 2004, 12:51 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14480
GREAT NAME CHOICE

My baby is Abby too!!!

The best advice I can give you is ORGANISE ORGANISE ORGANISE
- make sure you have everything you need, it is all set up, the house is tidy and you've got all your tasks for that weekend out of the way so you have some quality free time to spend with her! The rest seems to just fall in place - and if it doesn't then you can come to us!!!

Oh and I'd do up a timetable for her feeding etc along with, if you have family or even for yourself, a set of rules. The most important thing is that your pup understands what is and isn't acceptable from day one. By that I mean, if you don't want her on the couches when she gets older, then don't let her on there in the beginning, don't pick her up and sit her on the couch cuddling her etc (VERY HARD NOT TO DO
). If she isn't allowed in the study, then deter her from there in the first place by putting a little door bracket up and diverting her attention if she goes that way... that sort of thing. Little things like that will make a difference.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14509
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Nov 2 2004, 06:49 PM
Oh, Sunshine, you funny, funny girl! 

Not let a furbaby on the couch!

Oh, I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14520
[/QUOTE]

*giggles* :D Yeah it lasted about 2 seconds in my place... actually, it lasted until I found out that I got her! LOL

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by rrtcookie@Nov 2 2004, 06:41 PM
great minds think alike LOL, Thank you very much!! i actually took a WHOLE week off work to be with her
That's how crazy i am about her
after that we leave to work at 8:00am and return by 5:00pm, my mother-in-law is going to check on her a couple of times a day, do you guys think she is going to be ok?
To be honest i'm kind of nervous about the new baby
She is my first puppy in many years....
Thanks again

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14517
[/QUOTE]

That's great you took a week! I could only get 4 days off from work, but it's good to be there!

How old will your baby be when you bring her home? I was lucky that the guys here at work let me bring her in for a couple of weeks (three actually LOL) when I first got her. I was so nervous too!

If she seems healthy (I'd try to get her checked by the vet in the time you are home too) and happy, and your mother-in-law is going to check on her regularly during the day, she should be okay. I'd be sure to make a play pen for her, or have her in a smaller area, like the bathroom or something at first - just to not confuse her or scare her with a bigger area. Just make sure she has lots of water and maybe some little bickies for between meals and lots of toys, a bed, a wee wee pad... and she'll be okay!
I also leave the radio on for Abby during the day. Seems to be a comfort for her.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts