Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm new here and I've been reading your posts for the past couple of weeks. I do not have a maltese or even a puppy yet, but I will get one eventually. I've been looking for a puppy for about a year and I've decided to get a maltese. I've been searching and it is so hard to find the right puppy! You have the 4,000 or more priced ones, you have the 300 priced pups, its so confusing! I almost put a deposit on a couple of puppies but I saw their names on the USDA list. One place I asked a bunch of questions and they said they had 5 litters of maltese due in one month! I thought, oh my gosh, plus you have a couple of other breeds you own as well? But you all have been so much help. I'm way pickier about who I am getting a puppy from, so the process is going to be hard and time consuming,
but I can be patient to get the perfect baby. Thanks to you all for giving so much advice and tips on the boards! I look forward to sharing pictures with you all of my new addition
to my family (near future)!

·
Registered
17,036 Posts

:D

Good luck in your search for a puppy. There are a couple of breeders on the forum.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

Good luck on your puppy search!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
HI welcome!

It's worth it (the wait, the research, the
) when you have a happy, healthy, adjusted puppy. You're getting a family member, a living soul, so it's not easy.

Thank you for being selective and not buying from puppymills or unethical breeders.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I know it's worth the wait. I am waiting this time. I've had to learn my lesson in patience just recently. I bought a new car, new to me, it was previously owned. I wanted one of those Chrysler 300s, I wanted a lava red one or a black one, couldn't find one, so I got a blue one. So I get it home and notice it's doing something weird, kinda like a bouncy thing. I take it to the shop and it has something wrong with the tire. I get that fixed. So then I notice its still doing a bouncy, kinda shaky thing when the car sits still. Its not normal, but I still don't know what it is. So then just the other day, my air bag light starts blinking and making noise and I think "Oh my gosh! What if the airbag deploys on me!?" So I take it to the shop and the weight detection part in the passengers seat is miscalibrated. Okay so the point of this little story is that I didn't want to wait to find the right 300, I had to buy the first one I saw that was in my price range. I could've waited a few more months (like 6) and found the perfect 300 and for a cheaper price to boot. In conclusion, I get very upset when I think of the time I have to wait and when I think of how badly I want a little furball to love and all. In the end, if I am patient, I know it will all pay off. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
WELCOME to SM!!
There are a lot of members here that can help you out! I know what you mean about finding the perfect baby! Goodluck!! Cant wait to see your new addition when you decide on one!

·
Registered
251 Posts
<span style="color:#993399"><div align="center">Welcome, welcome. We are so glad that you joined the forum! I wish you good luck on finding a furbaby. Hope to see you around!</span>

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
WELCOME!!!
And good luck in your search, be patient and keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts