Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm new here (actually I've been stalking around trying to learn more about my upcoming new one 馃槉)! I'm Debbie, and my new baby will be picked up in September! You can see my babies at the bottom in my signature. Brady (the puppy) will be 14 weeks old when I pick him up. Jack, the cat, ( we actually call him that 馃槀) is 8 years old, and I've had him since he was 9 months old.

Do any of you have a cat and dog and how did you go about introducing them? Jack is going to be pretty dominant because he owns the house. LOL! Everyone in the house is always home (work from home before COVID) and I'm disabled, so they will never be alone. Brady will be going everywhere with me. Any tips, tricks, or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Debbie
Brady & Jackie鈥檚 momma

Registered
Hi Debbie and welcome to SM.. Sometimes people here don't respond as quickly to posts as we used to. Sometimes it may take a day or even two but we will respond. We love to welcome new members and we love lots of pictures.
Brady is so cute. He's absolutely adorable!!!!!!! He looks like a little stuffed toy. You must be so excited for September to get here.
Lots of people have both a dog and cat so I'm sure it will work out just fine. The cat may give Brady the stink eye for a while and will probably play with him only when he thinks you aren't looking. 馃ぃ Once again, welcome to SM and we look forward to lots of pictures.

Premium Member
Hi Debbie - Welcome to SM! Brady is adorable - I'm sure September can't come soon enough for you! Do you have everything you need for his homecoming? I don't have a cat but I'm thinking someone out there must and can chime in with their experience. I'm thinking the cat will not be amused with all the energy an active little puppy will bring to the house. LOL! Your puppy is lucky that he will have you home full time so you can devote lots of time to training and socializing him. Maltese thrive on companionship! And a well trained Maltese is not only gorgeous but a delight to be around. We love updates and lots of pictures! I'm thinking your pictures will start a new wave of puppy fever on here! 馃挒馃挒馃憤

I agree with Kathy - PLEASE be patient with us here on SM. I find that Friday to Sunday are much slower days for members logging on and checking latest news/posts. Normally July/August/September are real slow too (summer vacations) but this year with COVID and quarantine its been up and down - Never get offended - we are a maltese loving caring group with many diverse gifts to share. We recently had an "upgrade" her on SM and lost several of our dearest members to FaceBook - Of coarse we are actively working on getting them back and active on here again.
馃惗 馃惥馃尰

Registered
Welcome to SM. Your soon to be baby and kitty are both so cute! Sorry I can鈥檛 help you with your question as I鈥檝e never owned a cat or even more than one dog at a time.

Registered
Hi everyone!

I'm new here (actually I've been stalking around trying to learn more about my upcoming new one 馃槉)! I'm Debbie, and my new baby will be picked up in September! You can see my babies at the bottom in my signature. Brady (the puppy) will be 14 weeks old when I pick him up. Jack, the cat, ( we actually call him that 馃槀) is 8 years old, and I've had him since he was 9 months old.

Do any of you have a cat and dog and how did you go about introducing them? Jack is going to be pretty dominant because he owns the house. LOL! Everyone in the house is always home (work from home before COVID) and I'm disabled, so they will never be alone. Brady will be going everywhere with me. Any tips, tricks, or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Debbie
Brady & Jackie鈥檚 momma
View attachment 274806
Hi everyone!

Debbie
Brady

Registered
Hi! Your Brady is absolutely adorable!!!!! Sooo Sweet! Love that picture you have!!!!! Maltese are so loving loyal babies!!!!! And Love to be Loved!!!! You鈥檒l have beautiful years of happiness!!! But don鈥檛 forget gorgeous Jack. I have cats before I got Cody and they are all indoor and homely kitties very calm sweet babies. However, still to this very day 14 years later I never ever would leave home with the cats and dogs alone. I put my kitties locked in a room until I get home and my doggies get run of the house. Cats are beautiful too but very very different than dogs... my tip never leave Brady alone with Jack . Cats are quick with the paw and get scared from the energy of a baby puppy. But as soon as jack realizes he鈥檚 no threat it will be fine it鈥檚 only natural. I adopted a stray outside it kept getting beat up from wild animals so I adopted him. And every time he saw Cody he would run right past him and hiss but would never attack . Soon after a few months they are buddies if I let him he would sleep right on top of him. He became a very sweet cat under my care and got along great with my crew. Just have lots of patience and keep your eyes open. I am sure it will work out it always does. Welcome to SM and Enjoy Brady he鈥檚 super cute!!!!!!! And send lots of pictures he looks like he has an adorable personality!!!

Registered
Welcome, Debbie, Jack, and Brady! What a darling pet family!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts