Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Just thought i'd introduce myself since i'm new.
My name is Jen and i'm from Pennsylvania and have a little baby Malt pup on the way! I'm picking her up on November 11th, just in time for the holidays! I can not wait!
So far i have visited her twice and she really hasn't grown at all from the first time i saw her and she picked me.
She's a little sweetie, though and my breeder has said that several families have come and wanted her, but she had to tell them she's already taken. Kind of makes you feel good that you got the pick of the litter! haha. I didn't pick her, she really did pick me! The first one i held wanted out of my arms and didn't want much to do with me, the second little girl was just really scared. THEN, i held the last one and she started kissing my nose and poking her nose at my necklace and then she fell asleep in my arms! I fell in love so hard! I saw her the second time and she did the same thing, but MUCH more kisses and she seemed to not want me to leave.

Anyway, her name is Coconut. Coco for short. I had seen her mother, and thought, "She looks like she'd be named Coconut!" It just popped into my head, and i thought that was a pretty good name for her little one, too.
I was then thinking of calling her Jingles or something "Christmas-y" while we were on vacation a few weeks ago, and at that exact moment, as my husband and i were riding with my parents around the island we vacation (Captiva Is., Florida) my dad swerved and remarked about all of the coconuts lying on the road. Haha. Then i knew she had to be called Coconut because of our special October vacation to our favorite place!

I'm hoping i'll be welcomed to the group! I was just banned after posting a few times on MO forum. I've lurked here for a few days and found it to be much much more friendly.

Sorry for the long post, but i felt it was necessary to post my life story! haha.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sorry that you were banned! But we have nothing but Warm welcomes to you and your baby!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone!
They got me for posting a web address. oops! :ph34r: Someone wanted to know where to get a particular carrier and i told them. heh.
They really didn't seem to have fun over there!
I got my pup from Danielle's Doggie Den. I don't know if any of you have ever heard of her. I knew her before, and my husband and i have a company and i do a lot of graphics related work, and she wanted me to come take pictures of her pups and their parents to show to the buyers, and i fell in love with her Malts. I did a lot of research on them, then called her!
I just can NOT wait to get her home with me!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey Jen,
Hope the time till you get Coconut will just FLY by. It's so hard to wait, isn't it? Keep us posted.
Susan

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi Jen,

There is hardly anything more exciting than knowing a new puppy is on the way!

Welcome to the forum. Getting banned from MO is a blessing. This place is a zillion times better and you are treated with respect here by the members and our great Administrator, Joe. I was banned from MO also... for posting the initials of a dog food to help out someone whose dog would not eat... The Administrator on that site doesn't know the difference between advertising and a personal recommendation. But so glad it happened... or I may not have found this site.....

I look forward to hearing all about Coco!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

I'm really glad i found this place! I guess getting banned from MO was a blessing. Kallie/Catchers Mom, i thought i recognized you from over there!
Oh, and Brit'sMom, i have to tell you that every time i see Brit on your sig, i just want to pick her up through the screen and squeeze her! She looks sooo much like a little stuffed animal! I always yell to my husband "Jay! Jay! Come look at the doggie again! She's soooo cuteee!!!" and he comes and looks at her and laughs and says how she looks like a toy.
And you are right, i absolutely knew which puppy was the right one because she seemed to be saying "Pick me! Pick me! I'm cute and i'll give you kisses and not want to leave you!" She definitely stole my heart!
You know, i had forgot about the Coconut stuff at Hallmark. I think i'll go there and see if there's anything safe i can get for little Coco to play with.
Thank you for all of the compliments on Coconut! I can't wait to get her home and share her antics with everyone! ^_^

·
Registered
323 Posts
Warm welcomes, are all you will get here....Coco is soooo cute. I love that you let her pick you, and before long you will join the ranks of those of us who are owned by our Malts and happily so.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you!
I think she's pretty cute, myself! :D
I can not WAIT to be owned by this little girl. I love her so much! I'm counting down the days... 13 more. It feels like forever!
Please, time, go faster!

·
Registered
132 Posts
hey jen, coco is gorgeous!
i am in the same boat as u and getting my new pup on 12th nov called dixie!! i live in england and have been to see her and littermates 4 times already!! :D
i am so excited it is untrue
bec xx

Originally posted by babycoconut@Oct 27 2004, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone!
Just thought i'd introduce myself since i'm new.
My name is Jen and i'm from Pennsylvania and have a little baby Malt pup on the way! I'm picking her up on November 11th, just in time for the holidays! I can not wait!
So far i have visited her twice and she really hasn't grown at all from the first time i saw her and she picked me.
She's a little sweetie, though and my breeder has said that several families have come and wanted her, but she had to tell them she's already taken. Kind of makes you feel good that you got the pick of the litter! haha. I didn't pick her, she really did pick me! The first one i held wanted out of my arms and didn't want much to do with me, the second little girl was just really scared. THEN, i held the last one and she started kissing my nose and poking her nose at my necklace and then she fell asleep in my arms! I fell in love so hard! I saw her the second time and she did the same thing, but MUCH more kisses and she seemed to not want me to leave. 

Anyway, her name is Coconut. Coco for short. I had seen her mother, and thought, "She looks like she'd be named Coconut!" It just popped into my head, and i thought that was a pretty good name for her little one, too. 
I was then thinking of calling her Jingles or something "Christmas-y" while we were on vacation a few weeks ago, and at that exact moment, as my husband and i were riding with my parents around the island we vacation (Captiva Is., Florida) my dad swerved and remarked about all of the coconuts lying on the road. Haha. Then i knew she had to be called Coconut because of our special October vacation to our favorite place!

I'm hoping i'll be welcomed to the group! I was just banned after posting a few times on MO forum. I've lurked here for a few days and found it to be much much more friendly. 

Sorry for the long post, but i felt it was necessary to post my life story! haha.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13540
[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts