Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so tickled to find this website! Looking forward to visiting often to learn and share info about my favorite breed, the remarkable Maltese.

Many years ago, I adopted a three-pawed rescue Maltie puppy, "Brandy," she was my loyal friend and sidekick for 15 awesome years. During that 15 years, I lived on a horse farm, where Brandy was a harty and fearless farm dog, moved to a cabin in the woods, where Brandy was a a rugged and intrepid canine of the forest, then moved aboard a 50 foot yacht. Brandy was the ultimate "boat dog." Sadly, I lost Brandy to cancer a few years ago, but when the time was right in my life to add another pet to the household, there was no doubt that it would be a Maltese!

My new little Maltese girl, Maggie May, is only 9 months old, but she is the love of my life! Who couldn't love a face like that, and what a character! I anticipate many years of joy with this fluffy little bundle. It's good to be a part of this Maltese-lover's community. :wub:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi Nancy ... welcome to SM!! :aktion033:

You sound like you have an awesome background!! Can't wait to see pics of your Maggie ... and Brandy too!!

Welcome HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
:Welcome 4:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:Welcome 2:Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing your little Brandy with us (what an amazingly adaptable girl she was) and we can't wait to see more of Maggie May. She's beautiful. More pictures, please.
Two questions -- from your user name are you a redhead? I am and was just wondering. And are you a Rod Stewart fan (Maggie May)? So now you know we like Brandy and we're nosy.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: So happy you found us and you'll get lots of info and support here.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:blush: Welcome Nancy and your precious new girl in your life. It is amazing how we all love this breed so much.. Do you even think that another toy breed is loved by humans as much as Maltese people do? Is there a chihuahau site like this? ?? Welcome to SM. I am new myself and I think it is fun to have this community that all love those white bundles so much. Jeanne

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
:Welcome 1: You came to one of the best sites:wub:

Sounds like your Brandy was living a fun and loving life with you ;) and looks like Maggie May is also so good at making you smile ^_^ Is that her in your avater picture?

I look forward to learning more about your cutie pie :wub:

Kat

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:Welcome 3: You will love it here.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Welcome to SM! So glad you have found us! Can't wait to see pics of your baby!! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
"Wake up Maggie I think I got somthing to say to you . . ."

I know - bad - I've had to put up with it most of my life as it came out when I was in junior high.

Welcome to SM!!!!!

Maggie, Sweetness and Tessa

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Response to your warm welcom

Thank you to all of you Maltese enthusiasts who welcomed me and my Maggie May to the website. Your message really warmed my heart, on this cold and rainy spring day!

To answer a few of your questions, yes, my avatar is Maggie May, at 6 months of age. My id, Ladyrdhd, is for the boat I owened, "Redhead," and yes, I am a redhead. But these days it is more of an attitude than a haircolor. Today, I'd have to name a new boat, "Miss Clairol!"

I admit, my husband and I are Rod Stewart fans. Until we named our little girl, we had no idea how popular the name was for dogs!

In a few days I'll post some more pics of Maggie. For now, I'm working on my technique for creating her top knots, inspired by the great tutorial I found on this website. She's surprisingly patient with me, but I'm very slow and clumsy. One's knot is bigger than the other, too loose, one stands up, the other flops over, YIKES, will I ever get it right! Never could get the hang of rolling a cigarette, either. :blush:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Response to your warm welcome

Thank you to all of you Maltese enthusiasts who welcomed me and my Maggie May to the website. Your message really warmed my heart, on this cold and rainy spring day!

To answer a few of your questions, yes, my avatar is Maggie May, at 6 months of age. My id, Ladyrdhd, is for the boat I owened, "Redhead," and yes, I am a redhead. But these days it is more of an attitude than a haircolor. Today, I'd have to name a new boat, "Miss Clairol!"

I admit, my husband and I are Rod Stewart fans. Until we named our little girl, we had no idea how popular the name was for dogs!

In a few days I'll post some more pics of Maggie. For now, I'm working on my technique for creating her top knots, inspired by the great tutorial I found on this website. She's surprisingly patient with me, but I'm very slow and clumsy. One's knot is bigger than the other, too loose, one stands up, the other flops over, YIKES, will I ever get it right! Never could get the hang of rolling a cigarette, either. :blush:

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
:chili::chili:Welcome Nancy and Maggie May! Your story of adventures with your first Maltie reminds me of my first toy dog which was a black Poodle. He helped me with cattle and horses and everything on a ranch. He was my Blue Healer in a little black coat. :biggrin:

Nothing is like a Maltese tho'. They are angels, comforters, mind readers, and playmates. Just something you can't put into words.:wub:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts