Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mersada, and my baby's name is Max. I only have Max for a week and two days. He is 11 weeks old and weighs 2.7 lb. We live in Staten Island, NY.

So far, we are a pretty confident puppy, doesn't seem to get startled or scared of anything. We have only our 2nd set of shots so, we are limited as to where we can explore and find new baby experiences. We are trying to introduce Max to a new person everyday, like the socialization training articles say. Soon, we hope to join a puppy orientation group so that when my baby grows up, nothing will phase him and he won't be an obnoxious barker.

Our difficulties so far are potty training and nipping (with Malt lock jaw...lol). Max goes on his potty pads in the morning, but I can't seem to keep him confined to the kitchen (linolium--hates crate
) because he whines a very high pitch shrilly whine...u would think someone was choking a cat. So, he has had accidents basicallyl everyday...can't call them accidents because he hasn't been properly taught, yet. The nipping is bad. I tried the "no bite", I tried the yelp and ignore, I even tried to pinch his lip (read that somewhere), he usually goes at me with even more force....relentless little brat.

Foodwise, I have him on Cesar & Eukenuba for small puppy breeds. After reading alot of what you guys have written, I realize neither one is good. That kinda stinks because I got a 20 pound bag of Euk., that's all that was left on the shelves. Now, I read you should throw out any dry food over 4 weeks old. He willl deffinitely not finish 20lb in less than 4 weeks....besides, I think I will change before that, anyway.

Well, it's been great reading alot of your advise here, before getting approved. Sorry about the long rant...but, the future posts should be alot shorter.

Oh, and my pup sleeps with me, too (read that here)...he seems to be able to hold his bladder all night (miracle)....and I love him sleeping with me...down at the foot of my bed, so no alpha problems.

Anyway, great board, happy I found it.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
glad you found us, sounds like you have your hands full :lol:

welcome to SM

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
So glad you found us.

If Max is eating the Euk, why not freeze it that way it will keep for the duration of how ever long it takes for him to get through it. It seems a shame to waste it if he likes it.
I have tried Scooby on all sorts of foods and I feel that at last I have found one that he likes and I am sticking to it. It might not be the very best brand but the vet said if he is eating it and doing fine on it then give it to him.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Nice to meet you.
So glad you found us.

Hope you have a good time here.

~carole and divine bella~

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Welcome to you and Max. Glad that you are joining us.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome!

Yes you can freeze the food. I was told by the owner of my locally owned pet food store that if you will not use all the food in 6 weeks to freeze the extra.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Welcome to you and Max. We need pictures, lots of pictures...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts