Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on lately. My son is moving out of state and I am very sad. We are close and I will miss seeing his wonderful smile all the time. Phones just don't cut it.

A friend of ours passed away he was young died of a heart attack.

Loss is very hard to handle, and missing someone is pretty hard on the heart too.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I know what you mean. Our daughter is out of state too. We see them maybe twice a year. No, phone is not the same.

I am sorry for your loss. It's especially hard if someone is young. Time will lessen your pain.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by sherylmint@Jun 10 2005, 09:58 PM
I haven't been on lately. My son is moving out of state and I am very sad. We are close and I will miss seeing his wonderful smile all the time. Phones just don't cut it.

A friend of ours passed away he was young died of a heart attack.

Loss is very hard to handle, and missing someone is pretty hard on the heart too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71516
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear things haven't been going wellfor you. My children are all away from home now, and I miss them. Also, I am sorry for the loss of your young friend.
Remember that this list is a good place to come with your good and bad feelings as there are many people here ready to listen and offer prayers.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sheryl...I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do to help, but please know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Also, I know how hard it is to miss a child who lives far away. You have friends here.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I know how you feel!. My son moved to San Jose (about 8 hours from us) and two months later my daughter moved to El Dorado Hills, (same distance) from us. We are all coping........trying to get use to it but it is so lonely without them! You are not alone!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am so sorry for you loss of your friend, and that your son has moved away.
I am thousands of miles from my children and grandchildren too as they are in Australia and I am here in the US but we keep in touch via the internet and web cam in a chat program. I don't know how I would have coped without it as when I see them it makes me feel as they are right here with me in the same room. Perhaps you could also do that to keep in touch with your son. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your loss and that your son will be far away. My son is growing up, too. I know that when he moves away I will miss him dearly, and that it will be very tough. Hang in there

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss of your friend
On Thanksgiving dayI lost my best friend (47yrs old) from a sudden heart attack.He was all alone when it happened,and I miss him terribly. Yesterday would have been his birthday
So I can relate to the pain and sorrow you are going through.
Its so hard when our children move far away from us.This last Christmass was the first one our oldest son was not home in 32 yrs.He and his wife moved to Tenn,very far away from us.But we use the internet also and web cams,helps out alot! We are here for you,keep your chin up!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you post in a while. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. And I don't think we are ever prepared as parents, to have our children leave us and move away.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
I had a hard time when my son went into the coast guard. i wrote him everyday. but I felt that deep sadness of not hearing his voice. But after a time it gets abit better. When you have time with your son you will enjoy every minute. I sure do. I will be thinking about you. I am sorry to hear of your loss, it makes it that much harder, missing them both.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I know what you mean because my siblings moved out of state too for college and we experienced a loss also, I know how horrible it feels. I hope everything goes better with you, sorry again.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Sheryl, somehow I missed this thread... I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. I find it difficult dealing with loss, also, so I empathize with how you are feeling. Is your son moving a long way from home?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts