Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a "new mom" of a 15 week maltese names Ty. I also have an 8 year old Old English Sheepdog named Tasker. I have wanted a maltese for over 20 years and this past fall after my youngest headed off to college I decided to fill my "empty nest" with a puppy and get the maltese I had always wanted. It took me awhile to find the perfect puppy but when I did, it was love at first sight

Ty came home at 8 weeks (he was an only pup and weaned and Mom wasn't too interested in him) and has done beautifully since arrival. We struggled a bit with the sleeping thing, I had never had a dog in my bed before but after nights of pitiful crying I finally gave in and now he sleeps curled up on my pillow where he can lick my nose at night
He is spoiled rotten, eats like a pig and I can't imagine how we managed without him.

He and Tasker are BEST BUDS and all my fears about a big dog and a little dog together have been unfounded. Although I never leave them alone unsupervised, Tasker LOVES his new brother and is so sweet and gentle with him it amazes me.

Like many of you, I am a refuge from the "other maltese site". I had become disheartened by the way some of the posters treated folks and pretty much stopped going to their sight. One day, on an impulse, I posted an animal poison control web site that I thought was fantastically helpful. OOOOOPS, I forgot their iron clad rule about posting websites and BAM I got the boot. Imagine, getting kikced off a dog web site for providing potentially life saving information.

Oh well, someone told me about this site and here I am. I've been reading posts here for a few days and like your tone and attitude.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was trying to add a picture of the boys to my post but seem to be computer stupid, I got the picture in the gallery but don't seem to be able to get it in a post

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
It doesn't take long for them to still your heart!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Weclome!!! Pictures please..?

-c

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by puppymom@Jun 15 2005, 02:51 PM
I was trying to add a picture of the boys to my post but seem to be computer stupid, I got the picture in the gallery but don't seem to be able to get it in a post 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72853
[/QUOTE]

I couldnt ever figure that out either, but I did click on your photo gallery and seen your big and little babies! They are so cute together!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Hi it's great that you found us. I too look forward to seeing more pictures of your precious Ty and Tasker.
If you go to the main Forum you will see in Anything Goes String at the top instructions on how to post your pictures.
Make sure that the URL that you use has img at the beginning and /IMG at the end, both should be enclosed in [] for them to work. and they should work for you then.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by puppymom@Jun 15 2005, 07:22 PM
  Can anyone tell me why my picture came out SOOO BIG????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72892
[/QUOTE]

Both of your babies are gorgeous... what a precious photo!!!

The photo is 1046 x 786 and should be sized down to something
no more than 500 as the largest dimension.

The way I do it is to go to my album at the hosting company
(I use Image Cave) and find the photo and click "Edit" and then
put in the new size that I want it to be.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to SM your babies are adorable!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts