Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heini & me went to visit hitler's eagle's nest. it was very exiting. as we had to get n the mountain in a 124 meter long elevator which went through the muntain. as I am claustrophobic it was quite a challenge, but we made it!

the view payed off for the scary ride!

here a few pictures from heini & me high above the sky.

mom, why is there still snow up here? you said it will g away in spring!!

sitting pretty
:wub:

phew, this is high!!

my boy and me enjoying

peace and quiet

and more snow *roll around*

heini & me made it to the top
:aktion033::aktion033:

and back on the ground
:aktion033::aktion033:

jippiehhh

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Whooooo, those are some gorgeous pictures, but then all the pictures you take are gorgeous. Kudos to you for going up so high. Not something I would be brave enough to do.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
beautiful, Becky I noticed a cross in the background of one of the pictures, is there a story behind it being there?

I always love looking at your pictures Germany is beautiful, my great grandparents on my fathers side were from there. I have always wanted to visit, maybe one day.

I love the picture of you and Heini he's such a special littleman, you can always see the love you have for that little guy in your pictures

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thank you :wub:

beautiful, Becky I noticed a cross in the background of one of the pictures, is there a story behind it being there?
well unfortunately there is a story to the sight not a very nice one, I am afraid!

the cross is there to point out the peak of the mountain, we have them on nearly every mountain here.
they are called 'gipfelkreuz' in english it would be summit cross. it has a religious menaing but als just is a symbol for the highest part of the mountain. often there is a little booklet in a plastic bag attached to the cross.

the story to the sight is, that it was hitler's summer residence in former times. actually they made a restaurant out of his dining room, bizarre in my eyes! I brought my sandwich with me *g*

here is a little bit about the history of that sight if you like
Das Kehlsteinhaus | Welcome

the elevator was really scary..huahhh
Das Kehlsteinhaus | The Building | Construction of the Tunnel and Elevator

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous pictures. Of course you always do such great pics and I appreciate you sharing :wub:

Heini is a cutie! Loved the pics of you and him looking out! Really, I loved all of them!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I always love to look at your photos...they are breathtaking! :ThankYou: The pic of you and Heini is so adorable. :wub: I also enjoyed the photo of you and Heini taking in all the beautiful scenery and being still in the moment, what a beautiful photo capturing such a special moment between the two of you. :aktion033:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing these pics with us. One of these days I will go see some sights there in Germany. I'm half German, so I should! It's all so beautiful, and has so much history.

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Your photos are breathtaking as usual. :wub: What a beautiful spot with such amazing scenery. I must say I couldn't believe that anything that beautiful has Hitler's name attached to it. I actually can't believe anything has Hitler's name attached to it. JMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.