Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
i like scrapbooking but i'm not creative so I only have like 3 pages in my scrapbook done and I've had it for YRS!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've never scrapbooked for a few reasons.
1.) every time i take pictures, they remain undeveloped for years.
2.) scrapbooking materials seem to cost a lot of money.

but! i did:
+ knit a whole bunch of scarves over the winter (but now i dont know what to do with them. people in texas dont wear scarves often, because it's just not that cold)
+ take up sketching with pen and watercolor over spring break

and this summer, i plan to at least resume work on a massive, intricate quilt i started last fall (granted, its the first quilt i've ever attempted... should be interesting, if i can just get going on it! my reasoning on picking a hard one was "i dont want to spend lots of time making a quilt if it looks too simple and i dont even like it")

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by stini@Apr 21 2005, 11:05 AM
I've never scrapbooked for a few reasons.
1.) every time i take pictures, they remain undeveloped for years.

but!  i did:
+ knit a whole bunch of scarves over the winter (but now i dont know what to do with them. people in texas dont wear scarves often, because it's just not that cold)
+ take up sketching with pen and watercolor over spring break

and this summer, i plan to at least resume work on a massive, intricate quilt i started last fall (granted, its the first quilt i've ever attempted... should be interesting, if i can just get going on it!  my reasoning on picking a hard one was "i dont want to spend lots of time making a quilt if it looks too simple and i dont even like it")
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54893
[/QUOTE]

I don't like to spend a lot of money on the materials either. But, I have found some of the Dollar Stores carry supplies & Walmart Plus I save cards we receive & use them. This cuts down on the expense. Ebay also has supplies my neice has a store there.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am a scrapbooker too!! I just finished one album for my Aunt and Uncle of my Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk last October. I was walking for my cousin (their daughter) and she passed away in September last year. I have one started for Sisse and it seems I can never keep up with how fast she changes, tOOOOOO many pictures.!! LOL

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by stini@Apr 21 2005, 12:05 PM
[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!! I was shocked at how much money I spent on the dang book. My dad kept saying the scrapbook was going to cost more then the whole trip.

Originally posted by stini@Apr 21 2005, 12:05 PM
[/QUOTE]
I learned to knit a year ago. It is a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. I started with the big chenille scarves. Those weren't too hard. I then tried to make one using smaller needles and yarn. I kept screwing up on it. After the 5th time of having to start over I gave up.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I love to take pictures but I'm lucky if they make it to a photo album much less a scrapbook. But they do look fun and I love to look at other peoples.

I love shopping even if its just window shopping....as silly as it sounds i LOVE to research things. I like to "talk" with my friends on line.

I love getting pampered at the salon but that doesn't happen to often. I love laying by the pool.

READING I loooooove to read. Like sports...I coach my sons soccer team.

And I know this one makes people roll thier eyes but I love beauty pageants. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts