Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you have all heard that Hollybelle's Maltese has been raided and over 200 Maltese rescued from deplorable conditions. There are members of law enforcement looking for anyone who has bought a dog from her and has any written documentation. She apparently used many AKA's.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Hollybelles has been around a long time and was well respected by many, its a shame to hear this if tru, anyone got any links to a news story?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
OMG, that is unbelieveable, even her own kids were removed, 230 animals, unreal, i dont know what to say, I think anyone that can should donate to the animal shelter caring for these animals...

Leddy said the shelter also needs dog and puppy food, clean towels, shampoo and money. Donations may be sent to the shelter in care of Debbie Leddy, 138 Claude Yates Drive, Franklin, Tenn. 37064

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
We need to work together for these 220+ Maltese dogs and puppies that were seized and are still being cared for at the Williamson County Animal Control. They are going to be there until the Court has decided on their fate. It is important for us to make sure they are not returned to Hollybelle's abusive and cruel puppy mill.
I hope this link works as it is latest news on Hollybelle:Maltese Only
Donations are needed at the Williamson County Animal Control
Claude Yates Drive
Franklin, TN 37064
Donations needed are : Money (for vet services & medical supplies)
heating pads, 2x3 and/or 2x2 open wire crates, dry & canned dog food, blankets, towels, newspapers, laundry deterg. & bleach, paper towels, toys. Monetary gifts would be greatly appreciated for Vet costs.

If anyone has had problems or questionable dealings with Jennifer Siliski of Hollybelles, please contact Linda Geary immediately
Tennessee Consumer Affairs
615-741-4742
to give you an idea of what Consumer Affairs is looking for here are some examples:
cash sales, checks paid to Jennifer Siliski or Hollybelles when the AKC did not list her as the owner
purchase of a sick puppy or adult
death of puppy or adult
debarked
purchase of an underage puppy
wrong age, younger than was sold as
in some way not what you expected your puppy/dog would be:ie. didn't look like same dog in picture shown to you, etc.
Jennifer has been known to send the same pics to different buyers!
Check your Contract, Heath certificate, and AKC Registration to make sure all information is the same, especially the age of your puppy.
Check Breeder Name and Litter Owner and report any discrepancies. Jennifer used other names as well, a few are: Melissa Redler, Molly Henyan, Melissa Henyan Redler. There have been reports of many other names used, including her children, kennel keeper, ex-husbands. Report any names other than Jennifer Siliski.
Tennesee State Sales Tax
If you picked up your puppy/dog in Tennessee, Hollybelles must charge state tax. Please report if no tax was charged.
Any misgivings or problems I haven't covered but you may have experienced may reported to the aforementioned Linda Geary. Linda has said that she needs $100,000 worth of damages and, so far, there is approx. $54,000 in damages reported. Please help stamp out puppy mills.
Sorry to be so lengthy but there was a lot to cover here. Please share this with others you know.
Best Regards
Donna

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
anyone know of any updates to this story ?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
unbelievable, the sad thing is she'll probably get off with a fine and community service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, what a sad day for all maltese and their humans. I own a maltese from this kennel, and I have always been satisfied with my little furbaby - she is a beautiful 5 year old female with no health problems. I never dreamed there was this kind of problem with Hollybelles. The drugs and the filth - what a nightmare! I wish I could rescue one or more of the puppies. ANOTHER THOUGHT:: I would not be surprised if more of the unscrupulous breeders out there used drugs to enhance their chances of breeding success.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

As time goes on this just gets sadder and sadder. I've been sort of sitting on this fence, but the drugs to the dogs is awful! It would be nice if the shelter could share some of the work with another shelter or two in the area. Aren't there other county shelters that might be able to help out? They seems so overloading! I am starting to wonder what might happen to these dogs. On thing... they can't go back to JS. From everything I read, Hollybelles was a good breeder, but something in the last few years has gone very wrong. It's all so so sad!! This lady I think must be sick to have done this thinks.

Joanne

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with you, Joanne, because 5 years ago when I purchased my little Sheba from JS I was thrilled with the health of my new baby, and JS was so accomodating. I was ready to buy another one from her, but of course I didn't know about all this other stuff going on. She must have just gotten in over her head, and with personal problems overwhelming her also. There is no excuse, however, for the drugs!!! WHY, WHY, WHY WOULD YOU EVER DO THAT TO A PRECIOUS MALTESE? I would be so sad if these dogs were to be euthanized. I will gladly travel to Franklin to pick up one or more of them. I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to these little dogs. I just LOVE them. Does anyone know who I can contact to inquire about the possibility of adopting one of these precious babies?

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you are serious about adopting I would contact the shelter:

Williamson County Animal Control
Claude Yates Drive
Franklin, TN 37064

Williamson County Animal Control Center

I personally feel there is no excuse for the treatment of these animals! If JS was a good breeder 5 years ago she has made some very bad choices since then and needs to be punished.

Judi

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by Donna@Feb 27 2004, 05:23 PM
Please keep up with all the news on Hollybelle at

http://hollybellemaltese.com

There are plenty of news stories, message from Tennessee Consumer Affairs, and the District Attorney's office.

Donna
WOW! I cant believe some of those stories, crazy stuff

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice thought that it will be a lesson to the rest of them, but let's face it, if the thought is there, human nature says, "I see how they got caught, it won't happen to me" If that wasn't the case, this crap would have stopped the first time anyone ever got caught pulling this stuff. I know I have a negative attitude about this, I am sorry, I am just SO angry that anyone could do such torturous things to such beautiful, loving, trusting & HELPLESS animals! I have raised two children and to me, these little beings are my new little children, I see them no differently and I can't see anyone carrying any different sort of attitude towards them, especially one so horrible!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was trying to look up more info about the hollybelle maltese case. is there anything anyone can do so that she cant have the dogs back? i know people are going to buy more dogs from her. its just so upsetting.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts