Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bysmilie: I don't believe this. :Bad day:Tomorrow night is when I'm supposed to go to Paris!!! :smilie_tischkante: So now with this Icelandic Volcano my flight might be cancelled.:new_shocked::new_shocked: I've been watching the news all day and freaking out. All the airports in France were closed today.:w00t:

So here's what I need all you SMers to do. :woohoo2: You have to BLOW the ash away from Paris. All of you. :dothewave: Get out the fireplace bellows, let out the air from balloons, have your little fluffs make cute little farts...whatever it takes. I'm desperate. :smpullhair: I got an e-mail today from Open Skies telling me who my pilot and purser are and what I'll be eating. Who cares about that??:w00t: I want to know if I'll be flying at all. My home exchangers and I have been writing back and forth and we could both slip our vacations a week but we're at the mercy of the airlines.:blink:

I dropped Tyler off in NJ tonight with our friends :smcry: Just as well that he's missing me stressing out more. He seemed perfectly happy and comfortable there. :aktion033: I hope I won't be picking him up tomorrow night.:huh:

So keep me in your thoughts, say a little prayer and BLOW!!! :ThankYou:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Oh my gosh I forgot about you !! We followed that on CNN today. All the airports are closed, UK, NORWAY, BELGIUM, FRANCE.... I hope that this ash cloud will be gone by tomorrow so you can go.:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh no Sue!!! I hope your able to go! What about that hottie waiting for you?:HistericalSmiley: Too busy here with my doggies so let me know if you took off! Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
Whooo Whooo Whooo (the sound of us blowing the ash away)

I so hope you get to take off on time! Fingers, toes and paws crossed!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I hope it clears,sucks to win a trip of a lifetime and have a volcano erupt...

funny I just saw an episode of Family Guy (Al's favourite show) and he got conned into buying volcano insurance....you could use that right about now!

Reminds me when I was getting married, I won an all expense paid 2 week honeymoon package at a local bridal shoppe where I had gotten my dress ordered...turned out you had to be 21 to collect..I got married at 19!
Al registered too but no they couldn't pull his name,they pulled mine!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh man I hope it goes well with you! I love Europe!!

Michelle, that totally sucks about your honeymoon! Take about a heartbreaker! I would have been sooooo ticked!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I thought about you Sue when I first heard this:blink:~Oh, I hope you get to leave on your trip!!!! Good luck on your trip!! Take lots of pics.......!!!:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I just heard something on CNN that may affect you. There is another volcano that usually erupts in tandem with this one and experts are watching it. I hope you don't get over there and this next one erupts and you can't get home! You sound like me in the fact that this is happening when YOU have planned your trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you because I know how excited you were about your upcoming trip!!!:wub:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I just heard something on CNN that may affect you. There is another volcano that usually erupts in tandem with this one and experts are watching it. I hope you don't get over there and this next one erupts and you can't get home!
I'd rather be stuck on that leg of the trip...stuck in Paris in the Springtime wouldn't be so bad!!! ;) Hope you are in the air as I am typing...have a blast!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for your well wishes and blowing :chili: Michelle - I'm surprised my son hasn't called me about that Family Guy episode. He's always quoting it and it drives me nuts. Can't believe the honeymoon trip let down.:blink:
Jo - I hope you're right. At least you're on the other side of the pond and ahead of us time wise. Heard Paris airports closed until at least 8am GMT; Saturday. 2am ET. We're supposed to arrive at 10am in Paris. They keep pushing back the time.

I have tried the airline for two days and just on hold. Luckily I have the e-mail of the woman who handled the sweepstakes and she's been a doll all along. Jim and I are two separate bookings so it complicates things if we are cancelled or changed but we're flexible as are our home exchange couple and we could even slip by a week.
Stuck in Paris......hmmmmm. :aktion033::aktion033: Not so bad!
My flight leaves at 8:25pm ET tonight so we'll see. Just keep blowin'.

BTWTyler's fine but apparently kept our friends up all night long.:w00t: First they had to catch him to take him upstairs -- took two of them. Then he wasn't happy on the bed...or off the bed....etc. Then the husband, who is a volunteer fireman, had to go to a call at 4:30am, then daughter up at 6:30, etc. I think we'll have lost our friends by the time this is over. They must be praying that the flight's cancelled!!! They did say Tyler seemed fine but they're a wreck. My friend was curled up on the couch with a blanket when I called.:brownbag: They'll be fine I"m sure once everyone adjusts.:innocent:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
They do take time for the adjustment period. I kept my daughter's Boston Terriers and it took a day or so........then they did not want to leave when they came for them. As long as you have someone that loves them almost as much as you do, all will be fine~~~

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Well it's starting out to be a really memorable trip :chili: :w00t:
I'm hoping for the best for you!!!!! :thumbsup:

Archie will do his part to help you out....:smheat:...peeeeuuuuuuu
Abbey sends kisses :smootch: and says hurry back
Ava's flying around the house and kicking up a breeze for you :two thumbs up:
Tink doesn't know what's going on....:blink:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I thought of you this morning when I heard this on the news. I'm hopeful by tonight things will be running again. At least it sounded promising on the news this morning. As for us helping to blow the ash away, I'll do what I can as will Zoe & Jett, but I for one NEVER 'break wind'.:eusa_hand: I'm a proper lady after all and a lady NEVER does things like that or I'd get :: putting on my most proper southern accent:: a terrible case of the vapors :smheat: and fear I might faint. :faint: (Off topic, but didn't this fainting smiley used to be a lady in a hat? Kind of ruins the effect not having her there. Oh well...just put her in a dress and hat. :thumbsup:)

Jett says he'll fly you there on Jett Blue!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Sue, I sure hope your flight takes off as scheduled...I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I blow away the ashes!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts