Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Do you leave your pup home alone, and how many hours do you leave him/her alone?

• I never keep them home aloneI keep mine home alone:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 hours

• 3-6 hours

• 6 or more hours

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***this is my first poll. the first one is supposed to be "i never leave them home alone" and then the second line should be: 'i leave them home alone: etc"

I never leave my dogs home alone (always have my mom or boyfriend watching them if i cant). I was just wondering if any of you did and how many hours if you do.

thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just got my Maltese yesterday, and I haven't left it alone yet. I've left my other dogs alone for 1-3 hours, when no one could watch them. Almost always I will be able to take Casper, the Maltese, with me or someone will be here.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what other dogs do you have?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I work about a 2 minute drive from where I live and I get an hour lunch. So Lexi is kept in her crate for 4-5 hours at a time. I think she sleeps the enitre time I am gone because she is does not stop moving from the time I get home until it is time for bed. Now that the weather is nice we have been spending a lot more time outside.

She also sleeps in her crate at night. I tried to get her to sleep in my bed but she will not lay down. I have a REALLY high bed (at least 3 feet high) so I am very scared of her falling off or jumping off, which she did once (gave me a heart attack). She is not afraid of anything. Luckily Lexi loxes her crate.

At night and on the weekends I try to keep her out of her crate as much as possible.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I work at a school but have the nice summer, Christmas and spring breaks so it keeps me from feeling too guilty. I have 8 more workdays and then I'm off fo the summer!!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
My Maxi is left alone for a long day during the work week but i try and make plans for him , one of my best friends she has the poodle that is maxis best friend also lol she will come and get him during the week sometimes and my super has my keys and he will take maxi out also until i get home
when i first got maxi he went to my parents for almost 3 months and than when i felt he could be left alone i did but not without constant guilt
starting this friday i am off until june 8th so maxi and i will be spending ton of time together

·
Registered
346 Posts
I work three days a week for 5 hours a day. I have nice big crates for all 3 of my dogs. I am hoping eventually to be able to put Morgan and Bailey in together to they can play a little and keep each other occupied, but right now, I am still potty trainig Bailey and he is not ready to be put in with Morgan. So hopefully in a few months I will be able to see how well they do together in one large crate while I am at work. My sister has three small dogs, a dachsund/mini doberman mix, a rat terrier and a pug and she puts them all in together and they all do well. I am a bit nervous about it so will try them for an hour or so and work them up to more time. If they do well, it will be great, but if not, oh well I will just keep living with my guilt!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my dogs are left at home with my mom from 6:15am-4pm mon-fri. and i feel soo bad, you know? i was trying to find out if theres a doggy day care near here--but the closest one was an hour away. ugh! my sister decided to let my boyfriend (he works with us) go to our house for 30 minutes to walk the dogs and play with them. we're getting training from www.unclematty.com soon--so i cant wait till the dogs are better in public to take them out every weekend. like in los angeles there's a horse arena that allows dogs. it would be cool to see how they are around horses. or even taking the dogs to pasadena to three dogs bakery would be cool. on the weekends now--we just play catch in the backyard and go on walks a couple times a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts