Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sworn that I read a post where someone mentioned a company that delivers prepackaged home cooked diets. I just worry that if I did something on my own that they wouldnt be getting enough vitamins and things that they need. I would feel more comfortable having packaged ones delivered. I am really wanting to take them off of commercial dog food though.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Most of the totally prepared ones are pre-packaged raw diets. Aunt Jennie's and Steve's Real Food are the two biggest.

There are some really good mixes out there that you just add meat to. Sojourner's Farms is my favorite.

For packaged cooked-type meals, Breeder's Choice makes one called Perfect Servings that you reconstitute. Wysong Archetype is similar.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Sep 1 2005, 08:23 AM
Most of the totally prepared ones are pre-packaged raw diets. Aunt Jennie's and Steve's Real Food are the two biggest.

There are some really good mixes out there that you just add meat to. Sojourner's Farms is my favorite.

For packaged cooked-type meals, Breeder's Choice makes one called Perfect Servings that you reconstitute. Wysong Archetype is similar.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95977
[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing these will not be good for a dog with MVD, huh?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Sep 1 2005, 07:26 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JMM
@Sep 1 2005, 08:23 AM

I'm guessing these will not be good for a dog with MVD, huh?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95978
[/B][/QUOTE]

If the dog needs protein restriction, no, they would not be appropriate. There are home cooked diets that are liver friendly.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by JMM@Sep 1 2005, 05:23 AM

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by JMM@Sep 1 2005, 05:23 AM

[/QUOTE]

So there isnt one that I can find without having to add raw meat to?

I found the Volhard natural diet and have heard it is good by a friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.