Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say that I did not purposely set out to find another (I'll explain in a minute) forum to post on. I was looking for some cute harnesses for my Maltese boy. However, after stumbling onto this site I am quite thrilled. I haven't had a BAD experience with that now infamoust "other" site, but a bit frustrated. I tried to post a pic of my baby once...it was too big. So, I resized as instructed and without any warning, I am no longer allowed to post pics on the site!
WTH?! I did everything to the specifications and w/ no notice I am no longer allowed! I emailed the "mod" several times to no avail. Never ONCE in all 5 of my emails for a few different things, did I EVER get a reply. I was discouraged. I even posted a thank you for everyone's help w/ the plight of my little man. It never appeared. Why?! Nothing was in it that named names.....it was a heartfelt thank you. WHATEVER! I am done there. I felt like a child going in there trying to please everyone only to be ignored. It's like a dictatorship. Yes, he has control of his own site but for heaven's sakes be nice about it! I hope that others will find this site as well. God bless Joe for providing a happy friendly place where people can share their insight and good fortune of finding a site that people can find things. We all are here b/c we share the love of our Maltese babies...not b/c we want to be part of an elitist group.

ok enough about that!

I am a 32 yr old mom of 4 human kids and 4 animals. My human kids are 11, 8,6, and 4. My animal kids ....My "oldest" is Puddin. She is a 13 yr old long haired black cat. She has three legs but I don't think she knows that. She's a gentle soul. My next oldest would have to be Pepe. He's a teddy bear hamster. He's literally on borrowed time. He's lost all his hair and looks like a wrinkled old man
. Tashie is the next in line. He's a 20 pound short gray haired cat. Next...my little man...the reason I'm on this site...Oliver. He's a year old now. He's been a trying little guy but now that the potty training thing is getting better, I am very relieved. He is just a huge highlight in my life. I never knew I could love another dog like I loved my last one. We euthanized our last dog in May of 2003. He was 13 and losing him was just aweful. I swore we'd never have another dog. Then, I got lonely. I missed the little doggie kisses (Joey was a shih-tzu/poodle mix). I missed the unconditional love. I missed the cuddles. Then one day I started researching different breeds of dogs. Then, I started searching the papers online ads...and started calling. I called until I found the right one. I knew the minute I called that this was the one. She called them her babies and grandbabies...lol. She had me come to her home and meet the mom(dad was on vacation...
I guess he needed one) and the mom was a gentle loving little babe. She walked right to me and loved on me. An older brother of the same parents was on sight and he was a handsome devil. We brought Oliver home that day and he immediately wormed his way in my heart. He is such a happy lovable little guy. He gives me tons of kisses. He is my protector (much to the dismay of my hubby). He loves to cuddle and HAS to sleep w/ his mommy. He is my shadow too. I can't do anything or go anywhere (even the potty) w/out his presence. He must know at all times what I am doing. His love for the cat's litter box has me in a tiff but hopefully we'll have a solution to that once our addition on the house is complete. I am rambling on and on here. I am sure you all know how I feel about my guy. I would love love love to have more but I think hubby would leave me if I did! :eek: The breeder had his brother and him left and offered me both for 450$! If I didn't have a hubby, I'd have gotten both.
I don't think you have to pay big bucks for a great dog. I guess my feeling the freedom of speech has gotten to me and I'm giddy
I look forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks!

PS..as soon as I get the hang of things, I'll get a pic of my little guy up!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Welcome! I am very glad u found this site, it is a great one! Sounds like you have a very big, loving family!
We also have 2 cats that are inside and Caesar was very interested in their litter box. We had a baby gate up for the longest time, and then after we took that down we would just yell NO when he tried to get into it. Now he doesn't even pay attention to it....so good luck!
Looking forward for pictures! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Welcome...you will love it here!!!
Hope to chat more soon. I love it that you have a zoo and young kids like me!!! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I can't believe you said "no" to an offer of both pups for 450.00!!!
My hubby might have had to just deal with it, or sleep out in the kennel with the big dogs!!! That was an awesome offer!!!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tracy , I was oooooooooooh so tempted to get the both. I was heartbroken to have taken him away from his brother. My hubby is not quite an animal lover (don't ask how I have the animals I do now...
) Thanks for the welcome...I got a pic in my avatar but can't seem to find the reason why my personal pic is not showing up...unless I am just not looking in the right place to "see"

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, I forgot a bit of info about my human kids...my oldest is the ONLY boy...much to his dismay. He has 3 little sisters. The female hormones in this house....*sigh*...well that is why I get male animals!
Puddin is my only exception to the male animal thing. I fell in love w/ her the minute I saw her.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome Tristie, Oliver and the whole gang!

Oliver is a real cutie pie
I think my hubby would have been sleeping in the guest room if I had brought two pups home, but I would have done it any way; he would have forgiven me soon enough! Looking back on it I wish I would have had an opportunity to get two at the same time.... I want a herd!

An idea for you on the litter box. Our kitty litter box is in the laundry room; I keep a baby gate up infront of the door way... Neo (our huge cate) jumps over it to get in, but Tiki can't get to those "kitty tootsie rolls".

Judi

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:D Welcome to the site!! You'll love it here!

I want a herd of maltese too ^_^ I'm already thinking of names for another puppy :lol:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a herd....perhaps once my human children leave I'll have a herd of Malts!

My giddiness has STILL not worn off. My hats off to Joe for providing such a wonderful FRIENDLY place to be for us.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Triste, welcome to Spoiled Maltese! Oliver is very cute.

You can post your pictures in your album and mark it public. This will allow others to see it. To post a picture in the actual post the image needs to be on the internet. I have an online photo album. If you want more details on that let me know. As for the SM album here is how you do that:
- Click on the bold My Controls towards the top of the page.
- Click on Your Albums on the left
- Click on Create Album and fill out the info

To add pictures
- Click on Upload Image
- Fill in the Caption and the Image to Upload. You can fill in the description section if you want.
- Click on Post Image

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
triste, i'm glad you found this site. whats great about here is that you can talk about your cats and hamsters and even human kids.
i hope you enjoy this site!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Heloooooooooooooooooo there!

Welcome! I too was "banned" from the OTHER site.... TWICE!

First time for something stupid like what you were banned for, I had posted Brit's website in my signature, realized it, and IMMEDIATLEY took it off (in less than 2 minutes, literally) but I was banned. Signed up again and was banned for standing up for people.

But WELCOME! I found this site by accident too, and boy am I glad I did!

We have an indoor cat too, and yes Brit'ny loves to eat cat poo balls. Its the grossest thing ever in life. Now when I tell her NO she drops them.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to Spoiled Maltese

·
Registered
260 Posts
:D Hi there "Newbie"...welcome to this great site. We are all thankful to Joe for having it.
Hope you have a good time here. After all, that's what it's all about isn't it?
Pam/Sassi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts