Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Alice comes home, I want to introduce her to every sound possible and stimulate her senses even more so. Our house is normally very quiet, so I thought bringing in some loud toys or noise makers would be helpful for when we are in public or walking in a noisy area. Plus, there's no such thing as too many toys :) they're fun!

Do you have any toys you made? Sewn? Plastic? Anything noisy? What all is safe? I need ideas to make the toy. I don't want to buy them. (But if you have a neat toy you've seen around, send a picture or link! I could try to make it.... or not :blush:)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
do they choke on it? is there anything to avoid? sounds cute :)
I used a Vitamin Water bottle put the fruit loops inside and screwed the lid on so she can't get them out. I also removed the label. She can't get the fruit loops out of it but she loves to roll it around and hear it make noise. I only let her play with it when I am watching her because you just never know what could happen. I used fruit loops instead of beads or something "just in case" she happened to get it opened. I wouldn't use a regular water bottle because the lids are really small and I would be afraid that she could choke on it if it came off. The Vitamin Water bottle has a big lid that she couldn't swallow.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
London has always loved plastic water bottles filled with dried beans or rice. We superglue the lid back on because she can actually figure out how to twist the lid off. We still have to supervise her with it because she will puncture the bottle with her teeth trying to carry it around. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nelson LOVES an empty 2-little pop bottle, with the lip and ring thing around it off. He goes crazy for it. I gave it to him the first day here. It was so funny, he'd get stuck on it, like straddling it, his feet barely touched the floor. Now he stands over top of it and rolls it around the house. Drags it by the top, takes it in his bed, growls at it...its very entertaining for him and FREE!!!

He also loves baby wash cloths. We got a big pack for like washing his face and what not, but then we hang them up to dry and he grabs them off the door knobs and "kills" them and drags them around like a baby lol.

·
Registered
847 Posts
This isn't a toy suggestion, but you mentioned wanting to socialize to lots of new sounds and having a quiet house. Here's a puppy socialization CD that exposes them to all sorts of noises (traffic, groomer, thunderstorms, children playing/screaming, sirens, etc.). It was recommended to me and it seems like a great idea if she's going to be home alone during the day but you still want to make sure she's used to lots of noises.

Here's the website if you're interested:

Welcome to Dogwise.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.