Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honey was booked in this morning for her surgery they are removing the largest of the small mammary turmours and sending it away for testing for cancer. they are also desexing her. I am praying that the results will not show she has cancer. Please keep her in your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Sending prayers to you and Honey. Hoping she does well in the surgeries and that the results are negative. We're thinking of you. :grouphug:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Soooo sorry to hear what you and your baby are going through!! I went through the same thing almost 2 yrs ago. My thoughts are with you. My poor Mindy was not able to go through the surgery to remove her mammary tumours or get spayed as she stopped breathing on the table before they made the first incision. Thankfully, they brought her back to me and we had 3 more glorious months together. Mindy was a poodle-bichon cross and was 13 when she passed. She was a rescue that I had for 2 yrs but I had known her for her whole life. I rescued her from a family member who overbred her and did not take care of her. I'm thankful that she was able to spend her last years loved and taken care of though.

I'm sure your baby will be fine as these surgeries seem very common. I can tell that your girl is very loved and cared for.

Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
So if the one they remove isn't cancerous does that mean the rest aren't either? Praying for good results and that her surgery goes well.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honey is home she arrived home around 6.30pm she is very drowsy still and has had pain meds. The vet rang me this afternoon they removed all the tumours 6 small ones and desexed her. Her teeth were in very good condition they just removed one. The vet said in 30 years experience he is certain her tumours were the lesser ofthe mammary tumours as he said they were loose and had not yet attatched to the glands, But he cannot be 100 percent that she is cancer free only around 80 percent. But still have to wait for the biopsy result. If it gives her a few years longer thenit is worth it. She has anti biotics and pain killers and has a cut up her abdomen at least 6 to 7 inches long. IShe is resting at the moment.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad to hear that Honey is home with you....she is going to need a lot of loving to heal quick. The news sounds really positive so far. So happy to hear that they managed to remove all of the mammary tumours. Let us know when you get the results from the biopsy.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
So relieved she made it through the surgery. Sounds like pretty good news to me and terrific about her teeth.:chili: I'm sure she'll be hurting but you have pain meds. Have my fingers crossed with the biopsy and sending prayers for her recovery.:grouphug:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
So happy to see little Honey made it thru the surgery with no problems! Happier yet that they were able to remove all tumors... that will give you much more peace of mind! The outlook does seem very promising and with all the prayers going out for your little girl ( including mine of course!) I feel she is going to be fine!

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Well that's good news and there were no complications with the surgery.... let's pray that those results are good. It's some comfort that he is so experienced and he is is optimistic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts